Best internal BR drive for reading/ripping owned 3D blurays?

Feisty_Fernando
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Best internal BR drive for reading/ripping owned 3D blurays?

Post by Feisty_Fernando »

As the title says - I want to be able to read 3D blurays for output in 3D, also rip from my 3D blu ray collection to safely store the discs away. The LG readers seem to have a plethora of mixed reviews. Anyone have any recommendations like the ASUS, other? Already have a standalone 3D bluray player for both Region A and B, but would like to be able to rip the 3D blurays I own.

Thanks!
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: Best internal BR drive for reading/ripping owned 3D blur

Post by Dom »

I have two LG Blu-ray reader DVD writer combo drives. One drive is a 2x reader I think from like 2012 and its still working. I was able to rip blu-ray 3D movies and playback 3d blu-rays on cyberlink powerdvd good. My other blu-ray drive I think is a 12x blu-ray reader and DVD writer Combo drive and I ripped blu-ray 3D movies ok with it.

I don't have a problem with LG drives but I heard the Pioneer drives are best. I always wanted an external blu-ray drive and might pick one up someday. I have two external DVD writers tho but those are cheap cost.

There is some Asus blu-ray drives too. I paid $120 for my first blu-ray drive and $80 for my second drive. Both were OEM models.
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Feisty_Fernando
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Best internal BR drive for reading/ripping owned 3D blur

Post by Feisty_Fernando »

Dom wrote:I have two LG Blu-ray reader DVD writer combo drives. One drive is a 2x reader I think from like 2012 and its still working. I was able to rip blu-ray 3D movies and playback 3d blu-rays on cyberlink powerdvd good. My other blu-ray drive I think is a 12x blu-ray reader and DVD writer Combo drive and I ripped blu-ray 3D movies ok with it.

I don't have a problem with LG drives but I heard the Pioneer drives are best. I always wanted an external blu-ray drive and might pick one up someday. I have two external DVD writers tho but those are cheap cost.

There is some Asus blu-ray drives too. I paid $120 for my first blu-ray drive and $80 for my second drive. Both were OEM models.

I appreciate the feedback! I was going to go with a Pioneer as the LG drives have some less-than-stellar reviews. As long as the drive can read at 2X, software should handle 3D playback AFAIK. I just would like to get an SSD full of my movie rips and take them with me using an UMPC and an Avegant Glyph so I can play a 3D movie anywhere I go. Going to have to invest in a backpack.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Best internal BR drive for reading/ripping owned 3D blurays?

Post by 3DNovice »

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”