Suggestions

b4thman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Suggestions

Post by b4thman »

I suggest to reduce the information provided in http://helixmod.blogspot.com/ "News" section, so people can navigate easy to many recent games without scrolling so much text. You can find the description of those games when clic the name of the game.

Another suggestion is to make some fixes easier to use and install. I know people want to do things well done, but sometimes it is too much.

Another suggestion is a consensus about key used for usual options in games.

Another suggestion is to use the yellow text that appears in the bottom right corner to inform about necessary parameters to use the fix, and the default keys used by the fix.

Thanks for the fixes (this is not a suggestion)
Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX 2080 (no TI), 32 Gb RAM, Windows 21H1, Monitor Dell S2716DG, Nvidia 425.31 driver
Porlonus
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Suggestions

Post by Porlonus »

Yeah, it just does blow up the site completely. So as workaround i went on and added the feed to Thunderbird (with monterail).

As for easier install I am not sure what you actually do expect, how should it work like? Simply extract to .exe folder or use 3D Fix Manager. Yeah sometimes the game has to be set up too, 3D Fix Manager can help here too (sometimes).

3D Fix Manager also provides information about all the Hotkeys, what they do, and provides easy option to change them. If available you can also change the driver profile comment yourself. But yeah, to have that keys generally visible without tabbing from the game would be nice. Sometimes I write them on a note. Ok, actually on new games with many input control options, where I have to do it anyway.
b4thman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by b4thman »

Well, I am using 3D fix manager since months (thanks god, this app is mandatory). The thing is that sometimes installing a game is no so easy and even 3DFM can not do properly without help. Other times the fix come with extras, keybindings, etc. There is no consensus about all that stuff. Of course I can live with that, this is only a suggestion.
Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX 2080 (no TI), 32 Gb RAM, Windows 21H1, Monitor Dell S2716DG, Nvidia 425.31 driver
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

Hey,
it's been a while.

A small suggestion would be for this forum to tighten the number of sections and sub-sections.
All these sections divide the attention, and makes the forums hard to join for newcomers... and for returning people.

I would suggest one single section for all Nvidia 3D vision discussion (for everything : drivers and games)
And remove the mountain of forum-wide announcements. And keep the Nvidia-section announcement class threads to 2 or 3 :
-Download links to lastest tools and drivers (a bunch of links to the latest 3D vision driver, official and mirrors, 3D Fix manager, 3DMigoto, etc...)
-Shader hacker school, come in and learn ! (here is the place to ask questions)
Passive 3D forever !
DIY polarised dual-projector setup :
2x Epson EH-TW3500 (2D 1080p)
Xtrem Screen Daylight 2.0, for polarized 3D
3D Vision gaming with signal converter : VNS Geobox 501
P.C.Zen
Cross Eyed!

Post by P.C.Zen »

BlackShark wrote:Hey,
it's been a while.

A small suggestion would be for this forum to tighten the number of sections and sub-sections.
All these sections divide the attention, and makes the forums hard to join for newcomers... and for returning people.

I would suggest one single section for all Nvidia 3D vision discussion (for everything : drivers and games)
That's something I've been hoping to get established, for more or less those exact reasons.

We've got the "Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting" sub-forum now, and I'm hoping that maybe the other two Nvidia Sub-forums can be merged into that one at some point.

Was also thinking that an "Nvidia 3D Vision, Off Topic" sub-forum can be added.

I'm going to message Neil again. He is very busy however so further updates might not be around until (he's said some time in) November but it seems things are moving in the right direction.

As for the wall of stickies, I must admit they are a bit off-putting, but not going to push that issue personally as I know Neil's extremely busy and it might just be how he wants things done.

As for a "come in and learn" shader-hacking section, I'd like that also, as I would like to learn, but I'm a bad time investment in terms of one-to-one training because of certain IRL stuff that means I'm not around consistently. Would still like to try and learn though, if it's just a cost to my own time (and not the communities' / Shader-hackers')
Last edited by P.C.Zen on Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Porlonus
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Porlonus »

b4thman wrote:Another suggestion is a consensus about key used for usual options in games.
I knew there was something i forgot. This is actually live. [Key_ON_OFF_HELP] section making use of the overlay for Game Presets keys. It is just not included in every game, but more recent ones.
P.C.Zen
Cross Eyed!

Post by P.C.Zen »

Bumping this because feedback is needed:

I've posted a thread with more specific questions here:

3D VISION SUB-FORUM WISH-LIST: How would you want the forum?

...if people could click through and post their answers to the questions (and give suggestions & feedback if they'd like) it'd be a massive help.
zaibaker
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by zaibaker »

b4thman wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:29 pm I suggest to reduce the information provided in http://helixmod.blogspot.com/ "News" section, so people can navigate easy to many recent games without scrolling so much text. You can find the description of those games when clic the name of the game. (...)
Hello!

+1 for this.

I'm tired to have to scroll to see what new 3D fix appeared due to large block of text (Recent section at right is too little).
Please just put the initial text about the game and version for example, like Forsaken Remastered [DX11], and let the rest of the text in a: Read more style.

I'm here to suggest few more things, why not add affiliate links to the game purchase to help Helixblog win some money?
Maybe there is some sort of widget from isthereanydeal to get them for free or at best historical price.

It will help to pay charges for the website.

What about improving the gamelist?
For example having the 10 most clicked ones in the month or from begining on top.
And have them classed in alphabetical sections even if the total list is cool with Ctrl+F.

A section for donation is a cool idea too even if the division of this will not be easy.

Lastly, HelixVision is not visible, i hope to see at least one mention that this is a real thing for VR users.
Enjoying it on my Quest + ALVR.

Keep going the good job everyone, superb community we have!

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”