Can't get FreePIE working on Android

Official forum for open source FreePIE discussion and development.
DoomyDoom
One Eyed Hopeful

Can't get FreePIE working on Android

Post by DoomyDoom »

I'm using a Moto X phone. When I try to use the FreePIE app to use the phone for headtracking in OpenTrack, all of the values report zero. In the FreePie program, android[0].roll etc all report as 0, and the googleRoll etc numbers report as nonsense (like 1.23E23, which seems way huge for measuring an angle or orientation). What can I do to get this to work?
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Can't get FreePIE working on Android

Post by CyberVillain »

Sounds like you are having a version problem, we changed the contract in last version, have you downloaded that version?
DoomyDoom
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DoomyDoom »

Ok, I've updated the version on my phone, and I'm getting numbers under googlePitch etc. that match the debug orientation in the app. However, android[0].pitch still reads as 0, and OpenTrack doesn't seem to like that.
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Post by CyberVillain »

I think Opentrack only uses orentation data (What we call googleYaw) etc in FreePIE
DoomyDoom
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DoomyDoom »

Hm if OpenTrack wants the googleYaw numbers, and those are fine, why doesn't it work? I have a python script working now, but it's kind of awkward because DCS doesn't want to recognize FreePIE unless I start up OpenTrack first.
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Post by CyberVillain »

Hmm, maybe the guys at Opentrack hasnt adjusted to the new protocol of the Android app, check with them

What do you mean with recognize? Is it trackir?
DoomyDoom
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DoomyDoom »

Yeah, the DCS binding is listed as TrackIR. If I don't use OpenTrack, the game doesn't recognize anything at all, and won't let you bind the TrackIR axes. Once it recognizes OpenTrack, FreePIE starts working. I have to turn off OpenTrack once FreePIE's numbers start getting recognized or they conflict.

Return to “FreePIE”