iZ3D 1.09 Beta 2 Driver Thread

Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

iZ3D 1.09 Beta 2 Driver Thread

Post by Neil »

Ok!

It should be in our downloads section momentarily.

The 1.09 Beta 2 Driver is out (exclusive to MTBS for a bit, so make sure you are registered here).

Post your findings here. The shutter glasses issues are still there, but there were a lot of other bug fixes including:

- Diagnostic report enhanced.
- Autofocus message fixed.
- Fixed crash bug on NVidia.
- Some CC bugs fixed.
- IL2 fixed.
- Fixed EverQuest fullscreen mode bug.

Regards,
Neil
ceashure
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ceashure »

The installer on beta 2 gives this error:

C:\Program Files (x86)\iZ3D Driver\Win64\S3DInjector.dll
An error occurred while trying to replace the existing file:
DeleteFile failed; code 5.
Access is denied

I've checked Task Manager, iz3d isnt running..and the uninstall worked fine (seemed to at least).
I'll try a quick restart to see if it will release the file.
Neil

Post by Neil »

It installed for me. Try running it as an admin.

Neil
ceashure
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ceashure »

Restart did the trick.

I'm running Vista with UAC disabled.
ceashure
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ceashure »

1) Auto-focus settings for the profiles were lost when upgrading. All other settings were ok though.

2) Stereo still not working at all. I've got iZ3D monitor, Nvidia 7950gt, and the latest nvidia drivers and directx installed. The 8.0 driver did work before i installed this one.
Neil

Post by Neil »

Did you remember to uninstall the old drivers completely before installing these?

Uninstall the drivers, reboot the machine, and then reinstall. The reboot is needed to clean out the injector file that might be stuck behind.

Regards,
Neil
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

I was experiencing crashes in Crysis with beta 1. I tried Crysis with beta 2 and it did not crash.

Is the lasersight supposed to work in any game? I tried it in the beta 1 in Gears of War and it worked. I tried in the beta 1 and the beta 2 in Crysis but nothing happens.

I need someone to explain something to me about the control panel. In profile, InGame tab.
Is Stereo separation the default separation for the profile (it's always 20 and it's grayed when you select a game profile)?
What is Separation scale slider for?
CPU : Intel i7-7700K
RAM : 32 GB ram
Video card : GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Display : Samsung UN40JU7500 Curved 40-Inch UHD TV with shutter glasses
HMD : Oculus Rift

ceashure
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ceashure »

Neil,

Yes, and I just tried again. I completely uninstalled, restarted, then reinstalled 9.0 beta 2 driver with no luck.
Last edited by ceashure on Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

yay! downloaded it. Will try it out tomorrow as it's already 2:30am here :)
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
ceashure
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ceashure »

Wanted to post an update:

Apparently the drivers are working with There.com client. I was testing several Half Life 2 games earlier which seem to not work now.
moddy
One Eyed Hopeful

much better for me

Post by moddy »

I'm using Another Eye shutters on the horizontal interlaced mode, Windows Vista 32, 8400 GS card, I noted a much better effect on this driver than the original beta.

I only own a few games, WoW worked, Warcraft 3 worked, none of the LOTR series worked, GTA-San Andreas worked also.

I would REALLY love to try this out on the LOTR-Battle for Middle Earth series, not sure if it's possible to fix myself or if iZ3d will be offering support or a fix for it.

I've never used my shutters before this as I was stuck on Vista with no nVidia support so I have no idea if interlaced is better or worse or what than the simple shutters mode, would really love if anyone can tell me the difference in quality and readability (have a very hard time reading text in interlaced).

Also might be off the subject, if and when the shutters issues get resolved, how much can I expect to pay for the driver, and will there be tech support available?
marpel
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by marpel »

My test
With xp sp3 AND VISTA SP1, ed shutters + with beta 2 With gpu 7900 GS and the 9600 gt
Dynamic test OK
in xp and vista seen Call OF dUTY 4, AS SOON AS SOMETHING OF 3D, WITH CLEAR flickering (very bad)
fLAT OUT 2, FLUCTUATIONS AND IMPOSSIBILITY TO OBTAIN CONVERGENCE
rFactor, gt legends, gtr evolution, NOT EVEN ARE EXECUTED!
GRID EXECUTES BUT 3D DOES NOT WORK
FIFA 2008 EXECUTES BUT 3D DOES NOT OBTAIN EFFECT
We are really far… some advice?
The_Doctor
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by The_Doctor »

They are working on it, fixed some that didn't work from the first beta to this one.

If you get 2 images, try to revert them (CTRL+F8 in the game). Set something like -1.5 convergence and 5.0 sep to be sure you can actually see it and make sure maybe you're not using values that make it hard to see. Then you can increase from there. There's a thread in here with everything that people got working.
marpel wrote:My test
With xp sp3 AND VISTA SP1, ed shutters + with beta 2 With gpu 7900 GS and the 9600 gt
Dynamic test OK
in xp and vista seen Call OF dUTY 4, AS SOON AS SOMETHING OF 3D, WITH CLEAR flickering (very bad)
fLAT OUT 2, FLUCTUATIONS AND IMPOSSIBILITY TO OBTAIN CONVERGENCE
rFactor, gt legends, gtr evolution, NOT EVEN ARE EXECUTED!
GRID EXECUTES BUT 3D DOES NOT WORK
FIFA 2008 EXECUTES BUT 3D DOES NOT OBTAIN EFFECT
We are really far… some advice?
chrisjarram

Re: much better for me

Post by chrisjarram »

moddy wrote:I'm using Another Eye shutters on the horizontal interlaced mode, Windows Vista 32, 8400 GS card, I noted a much better effect on this driver than the original beta.

I only own a few games, WoW worked, Warcraft 3 worked, none of the LOTR series worked, GTA-San Andreas worked also.

I would REALLY love to try this out on the LOTR-Battle for Middle Earth series, not sure if it's possible to fix myself or if iZ3d will be offering support or a fix for it.

I've never used my shutters before this as I was stuck on Vista with no nVidia support so I have no idea if interlaced is better or worse or what than the simple shutters mode, would really love if anyone can tell me the difference in quality and readability (have a very hard time reading text in interlaced).

Also might be off the subject, if and when the shutters issues get resolved, how much can I expect to pay for the driver, and will there be tech support available?
The interlaced mode is inferior to shutter mode (they should be working on fixes for shutters this week I am told). Interlace = half the resolution of page-flipped. The cost of the driver is stated at $50-$100 per output.
Neil

HMD Feature Request

Post by Neil »

BlackQ!

Here is a feature I would really like to see in a future driver revision and I think it is very important.

Your drivers work great with the TDVisor in dual output mode. I'm sure other solutions will work similarly well.

Unfortunately, an HMD needs to be interfaced differently than a traditional monitor. One of the few benefits of ghosting is you can view both images at the same time and compensate for separation and convergence. Even with the naked eye, you can look at the screen and tell where things are at because you can see both images overlapping each other.

With an HMD, you can only see one image at a time in each eye, and it's a lot of guesswork to determine if your settings are correct. It's far too easy to get painful divergence results, and there is no way to determine if it's a matter of reducing separation, adjusting convergence, or both.

Can you add a hotkey option that will swap between dual panel output, and dual panel anaglyph mode? This way the anaglyph colors can be used as a reference point, and then the the player can swap back to true 3D mode when the comfortable settings are found?

Regards,
Neil
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Re: HMD Feature Request

Post by Tril »

Neil wrote:Can you add a hotkey option that will swap between dual panel output, and dual panel anaglyph mode? This way the anaglyph colors can be used as a reference point, and then the the player can swap back to true 3D mode when the comfortable settings are found?

Regards,
Neil
BlackQ will now better but I think that it can't do that (well you can but read the following). Each mode is in a different dll. You need to decide which dll to load before starting the game. You can't swap the dll while the game is running. That does not mean it's impossible but they would have to add some of the anaglyph code in the dual output dll.

If I'm understanding you right Neil, you basically want to be able to see each both eyes frames on top of each other in both eyes. That way, the geometry that intersects is at screen depth. That would allow you to easily adjust some depth in the game at screen depth. It's like when you use shutter glasses on a CRT monitor and remove the glasses to adjust the settings.

I have a suggestion for this. The anaglyph colors are not needed. Take the frames of both eyes, make them 50% transparent and place them on top of each other in both eyes (do the necessary DirectX processing equivalent to this). This could be activated at the touch of a button in dual output mode.
CPU : Intel i7-7700K
RAM : 32 GB ram
Video card : GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Display : Samsung UN40JU7500 Curved 40-Inch UHD TV with shutter glasses
HMD : Oculus Rift

cirk2
Certif-Eyed!

Post by cirk2 »

Hello,

I tryed the interlanced mode with my Zalman... It works but the 3D is "wrong"... i think the Left and right frame need to be swapped...

May you can add an option to the menu? I also know an Swapping function from the ED-Driver, there it was very usefull...
Neil

Post by Neil »

CTRL-F8 swaps the eyes.

So I'm not the only one who had this.

Regards,
Neil
KindDragon
Cross Eyed!

Post by KindDragon »

Neil wrote:CTRL-F8 swaps the eyes.

So I'm not the only one who had this.

Regards,
Neil
...or to change that global, set <SwapEyes Value="1" /> in config.xml
Stereoscopic Steam Group: Join now
b4thman

Post by b4thman »

Any information about the included "Planar" tpye?... will be ready in the next beta?
Neil

Post by Neil »

I think the key controls are inconsistent with the output profile.

The convergence controls are reverse when I am trying to run dual output or HMD, for example.

Also, the mouse cursor only appears in the left eye, not both.

Regards,
Neil
chrisjarram

Post by chrisjarram »

How's that shutter glasses fix coming? :)
Last edited by chrisjarram on Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
XFX GTX 280 XXX,BFG 7900GTX,Q6600,4gbXMS2,3TB RAID,2xWD Raptors,MountainMods U2-UFO Case,1KW Thermaltake PSU, 3x BenQ MP720p,Full active sim setup inc actuators,shakers,wind,THX sound.CrystalEyes 3,6 wireless ED w/ hipower emitter.
cirk2
Certif-Eyed!

Post by cirk2 »

Thanks to Neil, now my 3D is no more "inside-out"

The Hardware-Output is nice and I havent found any bugs on my Zalman.

But there is somthing about the 3D algorythm:

in Oblivion I get the best effect (the "Real-Proportions", a cube looking lie a cube not deformed) by setting the seperation to arround 600% and the convegence to 0.04 or so...
When I use "normal" values (60% seperation and 1-2 convegence) the picture is "Flat-3D"... You see the difference between front and bach, but you can not reconize the round shape of a collum.
Also in other games there is everytime something "strange" in the picture...
May it is only for the zalman output... Or my eyeds are to focused to the NVIDIA driver...
KindDragon
Cross Eyed!

Post by KindDragon »

b4thman wrote:Any information about the included "Planar" tpye?... will be ready in the next beta?
Stereo Mirror Output in latest beta = Planar

You may select vertical or horizontal mirroring.
jumbo_spaceman
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by jumbo_spaceman »

chrisjarram wrote:How's that shutter glasses fix coming? :)
Yeah. I'd love some news. I ordered an iz3d monitor out of boredom while waiting. :shock:
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

This was posted by BlackQ, in the post found here: http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1896
BlackQ wrote:Hi, chrisjarram!

We met the guy (he is helping us with consoles) and he confirmed that low level of GPU is not accessible for us to send any sync signal... :-( we continue to think what else we can use as solution of this problem. We knew it can be like that, but we decide to release shutter mode also, even originally we stated that problem may come - this is not a bug, this is something we need to improve to reach compatibility - We'd happy to solve this problem alone, but we may need to have help from shutter glasses manufacturers.
b4thman

Post by b4thman »

KindDragon wrote:
b4thman wrote:Any information about the included "Planar" tpye?... will be ready in the next beta?

Ok, I had v1.08.0018 and I have just now downloaded and install 1.09.0023, and now I have "StereoMirror" (before was "Planar"), but still doesn´t work. As I said, this mode gives two images, but none mirrored... it must be work like "Dual Proyector". Something I must have wrong if it really works, so I describe what I have:

Windows XP+sp3, Nvidia Forceware 175.19 WHQL, Two Viewsonic VA1716w 17" lcd widescreen monitors using VGA (they have not DVI) and configured in CLONE mode, iZ3d driver 1.09.0023 using all the default options and choosing "StereoMirror" and Horizontal flip. I see exactly the same thing if I choose vertical flip or horizontal+vertical, so the problem is clear that the driver does not mirror one of the screens. Can anybody confirm if it really works?

This driver gives me stereo without problems if I choose anaglyph or Interlaced horizontal, and works better than previous version (I have seen that now Oblivion and Richard Burns Rally doens´t crash to desktop, and now I don´t need to install after rebooting).

But I can´t play with planar (stereomirror), and it is my prefered output mode.
KindDragon
Cross Eyed!

Post by KindDragon »

b4thman wrote:
KindDragon wrote:

Ok, I had v1.08.0018 and I have just now downloaded and install 1.09.0023, and now I have "StereoMirror" (before was "Planar"), but still doesn´t work. As I said, this mode gives two images, but none mirrored... it must be work like "Dual Proyector". Something I must have wrong if it really works, so I describe what I have:

Windows XP+sp3, Nvidia Forceware 175.19 WHQL, Two Viewsonic VA1716w 17" lcd widescreen monitors using VGA (they have not DVI) and configured in CLONE mode, iZ3d driver 1.09.0023 using all the default options and choosing "StereoMirror" and Horizontal flip. I see exactly the same thing if I choose vertical flip or horizontal+vertical, so the problem is clear that the driver does not mirror one of the screens. Can anybody confirm if it really works?

This driver gives me stereo without problems if I choose anaglyph or Interlaced horizontal, and works better than previous version (I have seen that now Oblivion and Richard Burns Rally doens´t crash to desktop, and now I don´t need to install after rebooting).

But I can´t play with planar (stereomirror), and it is my prefered output mode.
Change clone mode to dual view.
b4thman

Post by b4thman »

Thanks, now it works. I will test tomorrow some games, but seem to be as compatible as the other output modes. Thanks.
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

Still no fraps in anaglyph mode for me...

Some Control center UI feedback :

Profile list isn't sorted, it would be much easier to navigate the profile list if it was sorted by name.

I also like to use iz3d's FPSmeter (since fraps doesn't work). But since the new UI, i have to do it for each profile.
I think the FPSmeter should be a global option instead of profile specific.

So the UI lacks either "global options" tab (and put the fps meter and showmessages options in there)
or have something like nvidia does in nvidia's control pannel : a "use default" option for each option in each game profile when the setting unless there is some specific issue with this option.
KindDragon
Cross Eyed!

Post by KindDragon »

BlackShark wrote: I also like to use iz3d's FPSmeter (since fraps doesn't work). But since the new UI, i have to do it for each profile.
Just change for default profile.
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

KindDragon wrote:
BlackShark wrote: I also like to use iz3d's FPSmeter (since fraps doesn't work). But since the new UI, i have to do it for each profile.
Just change for default profile.
got it now thanks,
I must have made something wrong the 1st time.
ceashure
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ceashure »

Will the iZ3DStereoWallpaperCreator ever be updated to work with my Nvidia 7950gt?

I still get the "Unable to find both monitors" error.
chrisjarram

Post by chrisjarram »

Welder wrote:This was posted by BlackQ, in the post found here: http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1896
BlackQ wrote:Hi, chrisjarram!

We met the guy (he is helping us with consoles) and he confirmed that low level of GPU is not accessible for us to send any sync signal... :-( we continue to think what else we can use as solution of this problem. We knew it can be like that, but we decide to release shutter mode also, even originally we stated that problem may come - this is not a bug, this is something we need to improve to reach compatibility - We'd happy to solve this problem alone, but we may need to have help from shutter glasses manufacturers.

It is not the sync signal that is the issue, it is access to the page-flipping buffers. Sync can be generated via a simple square wave converted from the V-sync output of any card - there are extrenal modules out there which convert a vertical sync output to the standard 3-pin DDC signal required by a lot of shutter glasses.

You need to access the page-flipping capability of the graphics card to guarantee a LRLRLR output - thats your side of things. This is certainly a bug as it renders the feature useless without it.
Personally I've had an 8800 working on a CRT with 8800 Ultra running PRAY, with no problems whatsoever, so I know for a fact eDimensional have page-flipping working with their own driver. Certaintly if they can do it, iz3d can.
XFX GTX 280 XXX,BFG 7900GTX,Q6600,4gbXMS2,3TB RAID,2xWD Raptors,MountainMods U2-UFO Case,1KW Thermaltake PSU, 3x BenQ MP720p,Full active sim setup inc actuators,shakers,wind,THX sound.CrystalEyes 3,6 wireless ED w/ hipower emitter.
The_Doctor

Post by The_Doctor »

There is a really bad hit to the framerate in some games (Stalker for example in interlaced). Even with stereo off but with the driver enabled the frame rate goes from 90 fps to 20 fps at 2056*1512. Turning stereo on makes no difference, it stays at 20. Disabeling the driver makes the fps go back up to 90. Is this normal?
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

I checked the setting "Launch control center with windows"
and on startup, i recieve this message :

Then when I start iz3d control center just a few seonds later it works perfect.

I think iZ3d control center i trying to start too early or something.
decoril
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by decoril »

The Vr920 mode continues displaying alone two vertically streched images on the left eye and a correct image on the right eye; when i try to activate VR920 stereo mode through the devices OSD, the "image/s" freezes until the mode is set to 2D again.

Good work ;) keep trying ^
chrisjarram

Post by chrisjarram »

The_Doctor wrote:There is a really bad hit to the framerate in some games (Stalker for example in interlaced). Even with stereo off but with the driver enabled the frame rate goes from 90 fps to 20 fps at 2056*1512. Turning stereo on makes no difference, it stays at 20. Disabeling the driver makes the fps go back up to 90. Is this normal?
Which GC are you using? I noticed a massive hit in some games (like COD4) when using my 9800gx2 (internally SLI'd), but then I switched to a GTX280 for comaprarive performance and the issue went away completely.
The_Doctor

Post by The_Doctor »

chrisjarram wrote:
The_Doctor wrote:There is a really bad hit to the framerate in some games (Stalker for example in interlaced). Even with stereo off but with the driver enabled the frame rate goes from 90 fps to 20 fps at 2056*1512. Turning stereo on makes no difference, it stays at 20. Disabeling the driver makes the fps go back up to 90. Is this normal?
Which GC are you using? I noticed a massive hit in some games (like COD4) when using my 9800gx2 (internally SLI'd), but then I switched to a GTX280 for comaprarive performance and the issue went away completely.
It is a 280.
CarlKenner

Post by CarlKenner »

So how do I use the darn thing????

I can't find any options in the GUI for anything except anaglyph and iz3d. And I can't find any configuration files except "UserProfile.xml" which only has settings for games.

There is no documentation, not even a readme.txt file.

How do I put it in VR920 mode? And how do I adjust the settings?
Copy this code to clipboard: 0o1rp5zk then go to http://mtbs3d.com/naw to register. Use the code for $5000 startup bonus, and to support Gaza.

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”