MTBS-TV: Interview With Next3D at CES 2014

Respond to the movers and shakers by making THEM move and shake!
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

MTBS-TV: Interview With Next3D at CES 2014

Post by Neil »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgwvNSmdV2o

Neil Schneider interviews David Cole and DJ Roller about their new VR camera rig technology called Full Court.  Full Court lets you record events and later view them in stereoscopic 3D VR form with head tracking ability.  Neil gets to see it in action!

This...as far as we know...is the final interview from CES 2014!  GDC is next!

Read full article...
j1vvy
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: MTBS-TV: Interview With Next3D at CES 2014

Post by j1vvy »

Neil,
You rolled your head and the 3D still worked. Describe more how that experience was. Was moving from side to side and forward & back also reflected correctly? Does that mean they are using depthmap?

Full Court only displays a third the width at a time, what will happen when the Rift increases the resolution to a 4k screen? Will Full Court be broadcasting at 12k resolution?

Jim
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

j1vvy wrote:Neil,
You rolled your head and the 3D still worked. Describe more how that experience was. Was moving from side to side and forward & back also reflected correctly? Does that mean they are using depthmap?

Full Court only displays a third the width at a time, what will happen when the Rift increases the resolution to a 4k screen? Will Full Court be broadcasting at 12k resolution?

Jim

Hi Jim,

I can't answer your questions. Maybe I could arrange for David Cole to share his experiences so far. Let me see what I can do.

Regards,
Neil
DavidCole
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DavidCole »

Hello - David Cole here from Next3D. i'll answer what I can:
j1vvy wrote: You rolled your head and the 3D still worked. Describe more how that experience was.
We are decomposing the stereo scene - and we do have some ability to synthesize off-axis views (both rotationally AND in x,y,z space).
j1vvy wrote: Was moving from side to side and forward & back also reflected correctly?
We're not on a sourced display yet - but - again, we do have some minor ability to synthesize views on the fly that are not centered on the captured stereoscopic views.
j1vvy wrote: Full Court only displays a third the width at a time, what will happen when the Rift increases the resolution to a 4k screen? Will Full Court be broadcasting at 12k resolution?
This one's tricky to comment on at the moment, except to say that our transmission scheme for the overall 360x180-degree scene is not limited to 4K.

Return to “MTBS Interview User Remarks”