Oculus Rift on evening news, best of the best at CES

geekmaster
Petrif-Eyed

Oculus Rift on evening news, best of the best at CES

Post by geekmaster »

The Oculus Rift was just featured on the network evening news, as the highlight of the CES segment from review.com. The reporter was standing outside near their trailer, and at one point he held up a Crystal Cove model to show.

The Rift was listed first, followed by an LG phone. Then in the main body of the report, they started with the Rift, followed by a "biometric for baby" thing. But the Rift is what they were excited about, at the top of their top 40 "best of the best".

Cool!
GeraldT
Certif-Eyable!

Re: Oculus Rift on evening news, best of the best at CES

Post by GeraldT »

Looking at the current reactions from journalists I have the feeling that the Rift is really getting ready for prime-time with the mainstream.
We are about to experience a shift in how we perceive reality, real or not, and I can't wait to see where it leads us. :)
want to demo the Rift or check it out? click here
colocolo
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by colocolo »

GeraldT wrote:Looking at the current reactions from journalists I have the feeling that the Rift is really getting ready for prime-time with the mainstream.
We are about to experience a shift in how we perceive reality, real or not, and I can't wait to see where it leads us. :)
yeah its really evolving. Palmer mentioned that with the new big fund they received display manufacturers are now paying attention to them which opens for Oculus VR many new doors, meaning getting custom tailored displays.
All set to get the VR revolution started like a rocket i would say.
Now i understand why Oculus VR is so eager to get the Rift running with Android or even putting a K1 in it.
Put on your Rift and enjoy a Oculus VR game with the signature of John Carmack right out of the box!
Also enough reason then for display manufacturers to drive pixel density to the sky.
unsilentwill
Cross Eyed!

Post by unsilentwill »

Speaking of, it's so crazy to go from Carmack finding this forum then in no short time signing up to make a game specifically for the hardware. Big jump from last year, which reminds me:
John Carmack wrote:@phaistonian Don't hold your breath. I still feel bad about not being able to deliver Doom 3 for the Rift last year.
It's okay Mr. Carmack. I think we forgive you.
blazespinnaker
Certif-Eyed!

Post by blazespinnaker »

It's all fake / planted. This is how high end VC works.

I've seen it happen time and time again. It's sad, but that's the way the world works.
Gear VR: Maybe OVR isn't so evil after all!

Return to “Oculus VR”