I'm having problems with headtracking :S

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
RescueGamer
Cross Eyed!

I'm having problems with headtracking :S

Post by RescueGamer »

Hi everyone, as many of you know a use my home made oculus rift (DIY rift) for play with vireio, I use my android phone emulating mouse or shared memory tracker (mouse directly is faster), my problem is with the last vireio update, playing skyrim for example (or other game which support VRboost) i can't get headtracking working without enabling force mouse emulation, if I use shared memory tracker I o nly get roll tracking, but if I enable force mouse emulation then I get headtracking but then I can't use vrboost options like fov. There's any way too get head tracking with shared memory tracker and vrboost?, or is possible to use mouse with vrboost?
Thanks
EisernSchild
Vireio Perception Developer
Vireio Perception Developer

Re: I'm having problems with headtracking :S

Post by EisernSchild »

We know about these problems and currently overwork the VRBoost profiles to use more dynamic pointers. I should be able to post the new profiles in the VRBoost section this weekend, can send you a PM in case. With these new VRBoost rules it should work, at least if you use the Steam versions of the games. Humble game versions can possibly be incompatible and maybe need a special VRBoost profile.

VRBoost should work with every chosen tracker option in case. There is no correlation between VRBoost and the mouse since VRBoost directly accesses the games memory registers.

Regards, Denis
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

We have a special VRBoost profiles section on MTBS. We'll keep a repository there for between driver updates.

Regards,
Neil
RescueGamer
Cross Eyed!

Post by RescueGamer »

Thanks for your work :D! I will look on the vrboost section

Return to “Development / General Discussion”