Help with rift gaming

rewhymo
One Eyed Hopeful

Help with rift gaming

Post by rewhymo »

So im not computer savy in the least but i do have an oculus. I managed to get HL2, arma 2 operation arrowhead working but id really like to get amnesia the dark descent to work. Thing is i dont know how to go about doing this. If anyone has a detailed instruction or a video tutorial on how to get it to work it would be awesome
rewhymo
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Help with rift gaming

Post by rewhymo »

Does no one know how to work the oculus?
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Amnesia is opengl i think. I don't know if it supports the rift natively but if it doesn't, you're probably out of luck.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

The developer would have to add support for the Rift.

There have been some 3rd party drivers that convert games, but these are typically DirectX only. Amnesia is OpenGL, so that won't work. Well to be more specific, it could work if someone made an OpenGL 3D driver, but so little games actually use OpenGL it's not really worth the effort.
johnfshaughnessy
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by johnfshaughnessy »

I have a related question. I saw that it's possible to play Antichamber with vireio here: http://vire.io/game/antichamber/

which directed me to this forum post: http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=17209

I didn't understand this: "I added the profile copying the UT3.exe line and changing the name to the Antichamber executable."

What does that mean? I haven't been able to get it working yet. Thanks!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

In the Perception folder there is an XML file called "profiles.xml". You would need to find the line with UT3.exe and copy/paste it and add the antichamber exe filename instead. However, I don't know which version of Perception this worked on, and the latest version has changed a lot (so many games don't work when they used to).
johnfshaughnessy
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by johnfshaughnessy »

Thank you!

I opened profiles.xml and saw that I had a line dedicated to Antichamber (I hadn't changed anything manually). I think I was doing something wrong before because I didn't end up changing anything but the next time I ran it, it worked. Now at least I know what people are talking about with the profiles!

Return to “Oculus VR”