No headtracking in Dear Esther

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
davidmi58
One Eyed Hopeful

No headtracking in Dear Esther

Post by davidmi58 »

Just updated to new Vireio 2.002 and thought I would give Dear Esther a try. It starts in stereo mode but the headtracking does nothing. It works in everything else I have tried Vireio with, however. I have copied the .dll's to the DE directory but no joy.
Any hints of what I am doing wrong?
Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas to Neil and all the Vireio devs.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: No headtracking in Dear Esther

Post by Neil »

Hi David,

First, the last resort temporary solution is to go into the "overall settings" menu in Vireio, and turn on the "software mouse". We want to avoid that option though because you lose all the VRBoost benefits. Even the graphics won't look as good. :(

Now. First question: is your version of Dear Esther based on Steam? If not, this is probably the cause because some software differences can throw the system off.

1. Do you have the Humble store version? If so, they should also give you a Steam Key option. Download the Steam version of Dear Esther.
2. If you have a standalone version without a Steam option, can you make sure you have the absolute latest version of the software?
3. If option 2 didn't work, where and how did you get Dear Esther?

Regards,
Neil

Return to “Development / General Discussion”