Vireio Skyrim Blank Rift

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
linkstorm88
One Eyed Hopeful

Vireio Skyrim Blank Rift

Post by linkstorm88 »

Been trying out Vireio with some success; Portal 2 has been working perfectly with my Oculus Rift, and is very impressive!

Skyrim on the other hand has been refusing to work at all. It loads fine, the bethesda and skyrim main menu load fine on my laptop screen, duplicated as expected, and oculus tracking is working, however, the Rift shows either a black screen or the desktop behind the game.

I've searched around as much as I can, and found that many people have had some difficulties, particularly with crashing, but trying their various fixes hasn't worked for me. Skyrim doesn't seem to crash at all.

I've disabled shadows as prescribed in the various wiki and readmes, tried various versions of vireio, and confirmed that Skyrim works fine when vireio is disabled. But I cannot get the game to display on the headset.

I'm running a Dell XPS L702X with Intel Core i7 2Ghz, Windows 7, NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M.

I suspect it may be a resolution issue, based on the fact that changing the resolution for Skyrim is the only way I can vary between getting the rift to show desktop or black screen. My laptop runs natively at 1920 x 1080.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you very much!
drifter
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Vireio Skyrim Blank Rift

Post by drifter »

Still no news about a VR native version ?

Return to “Development / General Discussion”