App crashes.

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
Mitbekommer
Two Eyed Hopeful

App crashes.

Post by Mitbekommer »

I don't need Vireio Perception as I don't have an OR anyway. I wanted to try out the headtracker part but Vireio Perception crashes each app i tried(Outlast and huntsman) it with. Either nothing is shown when just running Vireio Perception and when I copy the d3d9.dll next to the exe it always crashes each app.

As I am happy with the Tridef and 3D Vision, can you tell me what the headtracker part does? Does it connect to the mouse, override it? Is it worth making it run with disabled vision part?
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: App crashes.

Post by Neil »

Head tracking through Vireio is kind of a souped up mouse-look. Looking around is just like the game intended, but when you roll your head, it rotates the projection matrix like a CD on a CD player. It's not quite right, but when you mix the elements, it does mimic what native head tracking does with a true VR game.

We have some ideas on making things more realistic though.

Regards,
Neil
Mitbekommer
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Mitbekommer »

Should you use the magnetometer or just gyro and acc?

Can you give me some ideas what to do with those values of rotation, pitch, z of the acc, rot, pitch and yaw of the gyro and (if useful) roll, pitch and yaw of the magnetometer.

How do you apply it to the matrix? I am using processing currently, so java would be nice.

Also, how do you mount your sensor? On the side of the helmet, vertically, on top of it, horizontally, ...?
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Perception only works well with a small number of supported titles. If you run it with just any game a crash is not unlikely. The tracking is also designed to work with a few set devices (like Oculus or Hillcrest Labs). If you don't have a tracker present, that could also be the source of the crash.
Mitbekommer
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Mitbekommer »

cybereality

Post by cybereality »

That's a link to this same thread. What is it that matters to you?
Mitbekommer
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Mitbekommer »

Wrong. That's an anchor to my post 143349 in this thread. See the # after the link.

Return to “Development / General Discussion”