NVIDIA Vista 177.83 Stereo Driver - Lots of Fixes!

Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

NVIDIA Vista 177.83 Stereo Driver - Lots of Fixes!

Post by Neil »

Hello everyone!

We have posted the latest NVIDIA Vista stereo driver in our downloads section (supplied by NVIDIA). It is a self extracting file that must be matched with version 177.83 of the NVIDIA Geforce/Forceware drivers.

There are a lot of bug fixes and driver improvements. For example, Unreal Tournament 3 now runs, the driver control panel is no longer separate, and the game library includes special settings to help make it easier to run. :D

MTBS is very excited to be the first to bring you this driver - feel free to share it! However, it is equally important to tactfully credit where drivers are originally posted and sourced from for journalistic integrity. We have no legal right to require this - it is just a professional courtesy that we abide by, and are hopeful you will share the same mindset.

That said, the password to open the file is "ilove3dgaming".

Post your results here!

Regards,
Neil
VadersApp
Cross Eyed!

Post by VadersApp »

Guess it´s not the one with fee shutterglasses support. Still only anaglyph mode for me. Maybe there is support for other solutions...
Last edited by VadersApp on Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
NITRO1250
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by NITRO1250 »

Vista 64bit support?
QX6700 ~ ASUS Striker Extreme mobo ~ 4GB GSkill RAM DDR800 ~ eVGA GeForce 8800GTX SC Ed. ~ 850W PSU ~ 3TB HDD Space ~ ED Glasses+Anaglyph
VadersApp
Cross Eyed!

Post by VadersApp »

"Nvidia Stereo IR" emitter is mentioned in the controlpanel. Is this for the soon to be anounced Nvidia IR shutterglasses? What a promising week for Stereo3d gaming. VadersApp looks over to Iz3d... ...*hust* v1.09 *hust*...
chrisdfw
Cross Eyed!

Post by chrisdfw »

What are the other fixes/enhancement?

Is it still only Zalman and anaglyph? If so...that is VERY disapointing after this much time has passed.
Neil

Post by Neil »

I don't know. I have no way of telling.

Try it and post the results.

Regards,
Neil
VadersApp
Cross Eyed!

Post by VadersApp »

What the hell is that damn "glowing button"? :wink:

I guess we will see shutterglasses by Nvidia bundled with Geforce cards very soon. Then i can push that damn glowing button to enter the world of stereo3d gaming. :lol:
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

Neil, you said on August 24 that the separate drivers were no more. Then how come there's this one. Is it the last one until they get combined in the same package?
CPU : Intel i7-7700K
RAM : 32 GB ram
Video card : GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Display : Samsung UN40JU7500 Curved 40-Inch UHD TV with shutter glasses
HMD : Oculus Rift

Neil

Post by Neil »

Yes. I should have been more clear about that.

I was told by my NVIDIA sources that future driver releases will be single drivers and not separate, but given NVISION and all, they sent me this one to go with their most recent drivers that are already online.

However, you will notice that when the stereo driver is installed, it operates as part of the main Geforce panel, so this backs up my original story.

Regards,
Neil
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

Need more details big time. What other display profiles does it support? Just bug fixes? Is it worth upgrading to Vista just for this?
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
ssiu
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by ssiu »

NITRO1250 wrote:Vista 64bit support?
I tried this on Vista-64 and it seems to work. A dialog box popped up during installation with title "Error" but no text. But installation continues and it seems to work fine. Anaglyph only again (plus Zalman presumably). Both the test application (floating/spinning NVIDIA logo) and medical test image work fine. Only game I tried is GRID demo, and I can see some anaglyph coloring. (But the S3D effect seems minimal -- guess I'm just not used to how poor anaglyph is, at least with my cheap paper glasses.) My video card is a 8600GT.
NITRO1250
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by NITRO1250 »

Thanks ssiu! I'll get right on testing it!

Edit: where are the forceware drivers for the GeForce 8 series?
QX6700 ~ ASUS Striker Extreme mobo ~ 4GB GSkill RAM DDR800 ~ eVGA GeForce 8800GTX SC Ed. ~ 850W PSU ~ 3TB HDD Space ~ ED Glasses+Anaglyph
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

This link should work. Otherwise, use google to find other place to get it. I don't know why NVIDIA is not offering it on its normal driver download page.

NITRO1250
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by NITRO1250 »

Thanks, but I did a search and downloaded it. 3d works on vista ultimate 64bit.
wuhlei

Post by wuhlei »

It still doesnt support Shutter Glasses.
Albert Einstein
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

Way to go Nvidia... for releasing...something.
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
chrisjarram

Post by chrisjarram »

wuhlei wrote:It still doesnt support Shutter Glasses.
Surprise surprise. Roll on iz3d 1.09 this/next week.
wuhlei

Post by wuhlei »

chrisjarram wrote:
wuhlei wrote:It still doesnt support Shutter Glasses.
Surprise surprise. Roll on iz3d 1.09 this/next week.
I hope so
Albert Einstein
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
staticbuddha
Cross Eyed!

Post by staticbuddha »

Hi,

I have a zalman and can confirm the driver works fine, I did not have any extra options to use any other 3D hardware, I found that there is no differeance and that only extra games have been added. I tried a few known 3D games and they are working fine, I tried the unreal 3 Demo which still had no 3D effect, but I understand you may neeed the full game with all the latest patchs to get 3D to work for this game.

The only thing I feel they should of changed is keep the list of new games seperate fromt he old game like in there orginal 08 release. It pees me of a tad that they say oooo we have support for 350 games, yes this is true but i dont even think you can buy half of those games from the shops let alone want to play old games,, im hungrey for 3d and graphics

However big it up for the new driver :)
NITRO1250
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by NITRO1250 »

Only had time to test CSS 1.8. Still texture glitches with pictures on the walls (not just tags). Only played map "Office 07" so other maps with not so much textures on the walls might work better. The depth was still good and it was a pleasure to finally be able to get back into 3d gaming again after switching to vista 64bit! Go me! I feel all warm and fuzzy inside ;)
staticbuddha
Cross Eyed!

Post by staticbuddha »

I found this srticle which is a bit oldskoolie. march this year but its from nvidia and for developers , it just more or less says that they are defo supporting other hardware apart from the Zalman but as new hardware comes out

Text read:
The NVIDIA 3D Stereo driver can deliver stereo to passive 3D displays (like those from Zalman), as anaglyphic 3D (for testing using multi-colored glasses on old-style non-stereo displays), and will support new forms of 3D display as they become commercially available. The specifics of the display are isolated from the application by the stereo driver, so game developers don’t need to worry about the details.

website : http://developer.nvidia.com/object/3d_stereo_dev.html
b4thman

Post by b4thman »

Just downloaded few hours ago and installed. Now Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect works very well. Grid doesn´t work. Some new compatible games and OSD that inform into these games what you need to disable to play properly. Assassin's Creed works in directx10 with all details (also postprocessing), only is needed to disable antialiasing because low performance if it is active. If playing using Directx9 need to disable postprocessing effects (no sense if you can play dx10).
jumbo_spaceman
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by jumbo_spaceman »

No shutter-glasses yet? Damn it all to hell! But UT3 finally works for me in anaglyph in Vista on an 8800 GTX. Now I just want to check if it will work when I turn on my other card in SLI. Will do when I get home and post results. Anyway, this may all be moot by the end of the day as that dude from IZ3D is getting interviewed about the 1.09 driver on this very site. Can't wait to read. :cry: :( :) :D :lol:
cutnrun22
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by cutnrun22 »

Thanks again nvidia for nothing, why not release support for shutterglasses!!!!, it's already in the code,
just locked away. I own a zalman, and with the registry tweak, i can get 60hz shutter effect. ANNOYED :x :x
jumbo_spaceman
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by jumbo_spaceman »

Ok, having some issues in SLI with two 8800 gtx cards. Namely, a CTD occurs the moment I enable stereo. I remember this was an issue on the legacy drivers in XP, but I had hoped that it might have been resolved by now. I also thought it only applied to shutter glasses. Here it happens with anglyph. Oh well, it seems my system is more stable running with one card anyway.
gibbski
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by gibbski »

is it safe to assume that if a game works in anaglyph that it will work with the zalman monitor? I just downloaded these drivers on a nvidia 9800+ running vista 64 and anaglyph works nicely.

thanks
The_Doctor

Post by The_Doctor »

gibbski wrote:is it safe to assume that if a game works in anaglyph that it will work with the zalman monitor? I just downloaded these drivers on a nvidia 9800+ running vista 64 and anaglyph works nicely.

thanks
Normally yes, but who knows. The iz3d driver works some way and not another for the certain things.

I can't set the convergence at all, anybody has this problem? Separation works between 5 and 100% or so, can't set it lower than 5%, but the convergence keys don't do anything. I've changed them, still nothing. Also, the stereo control panel doesn't save the monitor size setting or aa setting.

Is adjusting convergence not working for anybody else?
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

The_Doctor wrote:
gibbski wrote:is it safe to assume that if a game works in anaglyph that it will work with the zalman monitor? I just downloaded these drivers on a nvidia 9800+ running vista 64 and anaglyph works nicely.

thanks
Normally yes, but who knows. The iz3d driver works some way and not another for the certain things.

I can't set the convergence at all, anybody has this problem? Separation works between 5 and 100% or so, can't set it lower than 5%, but the convergence keys don't do anything. I've changed them, still nothing. Also, the stereo control panel doesn't save the monitor size setting or aa setting.

I did not do any testing but maybe it works in a similar way to the old Nvidia driver. In that driver, the convergence could only be adjusted in some games and it could not in others. I never understood why it was limited to some games and if it was intentional or not.

LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

The_Doctor wrote:

Did you try to hold it for longer than a minute? Sometimes it needs to get into the right area before doing anything.
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
genetic
Cross Eyed!

Post by genetic »

cutnrun22 wrote:Thanks again nvidia for nothing, why not release support for shutterglasses!!!!, it's already in the code,
just locked away. I own a zalman, and with the registry tweak, i can get 60hz shutter effect. ANNOYED :x :x
Hey, does that mean that if I buy a zalman monitor I can use these drivers for my Z800 HMD? it runs pageflipped at 60hz.

Or better yet, can you get 60hz shutter without a zalman monitor?

I would test this but I dont have vista.
3Dward
One Eyed Hopeful

convergence and cutoff near depth shortcuts disabled

Post by 3Dward »

The problem with convergence hotkeys can be fixed byt setting + and - instead of ctrl F5 ctrl F6 in the new integrated stereo 3D control pannel.
but they forgot cut-off near depth shortcuts in this release ...

speaking of cut-offs , here's a good one : a major cut-off in the price of zalman screens.
DevilMaster
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by DevilMaster »

cutnrun22 wrote:Thanks again nvidia for nothing, why not release support for shutterglasses!!!!, it's already in the code,
So, does a Zalman monitor need to be present for the pageflipping to be activated?
cirk2
Certif-Eyed!

Re: convergence and cutoff near depth shortcuts disabled

Post by cirk2 »

3Dward wrote:The problem with convergence hotkeys can be fixed byt setting + and - instead of ctrl F5 ctrl F6 in the new integrated stereo 3D control pannel.
but they forgot cut-off near depth shortcuts in this release ...
How do I get this Intengrated thing?

Is it the Nvidia controll panel? there is nothing...

May is an 64bit thing....
genetic
Cross Eyed!

Post by genetic »

This really could be an answer for the Z800 users. All 3 of us;)

If anyone has vista and a z800 please try this out and you will be my hero
DevilMaster
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by DevilMaster »

BTW, what do you have to tweak in the registry, to enable pageflipping support, exactly?
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

I could do a test with my z800 in a vista system. What is that registry tweak?

I still dream of the day in which nvidia will tell: "all this was just a joke for TV, look at there, is a hidden camera! Tomorrow you'll have your drivers as always" :P :)
Zalman Trimon ZM-M220W / Acer H5360 with Another Eye2000 shutters / nVIDIA GTX760
genetic
Cross Eyed!

Post by genetic »

maybe this from the 162.50 thred?

"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NvCplApi\Policies]
"ContextUIPolicy"=dword:00000001
"TaskbarUIPolicy"=dword:00000002
"CplGroupUIPolicy"=dword:00000003
"SedonaDisable"=dword:00000000

"

*for me I have to change TaskbarUI policy to 1

I think he may be talking of another tweak but this is the only one I know of
cirk2
Certif-Eyed!

Post by cirk2 »

Litle easteregg over here:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D]
"AnaglyphEnabled"=dword:deadbeef
3Dward
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3Dward »

The Dword I was looking for, (to fix text and UI problems in some games) :
" StereoCutoffDepthNear "

example of an Hexavalue 3f800000 (used in warhammer online)
it's decimal equivalent 1065353216 ... it seems a lot when it only shows as "cut off near depth =1" in game with 174.76 drivers.
but if you input this value in the registry with 177.83 drivers it should work.

Low lets just hope Nvidia fixes the Ctrl-F10 shortcut in the next release....
because pinning down such high values by empirical experimenting isn't going to be fun for a very long time !!
cirk2
Certif-Eyed!

Post by cirk2 »

3Dward wrote:The Dword I was looking for, (to fix text and UI problems in some games) :
" StereoCutoffDepthNear "

example of an Hexavalue 3f800000 (used in warhammer online)
it's decimal equivalent 1065353216 ... it seems a lot when it only shows as "cut off near depth =1" in game with 174.76 drivers.
but if you input this value in the registry with 177.83 drivers it should work.

Low lets just hope Nvidia fixes the Ctrl-F10 shortcut in the next release....
because pinning down such high values by empirical experimenting isn't going to be fun for a very long time !!
Wich convegence do u use?

I also searching settings for warhammer....
With adjusting the convegence you can get the ui back to the screen-level, but the 3d then is... Boring....

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”