Vireo Installation help please

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
Dagen
One Eyed Hopeful

Vireo Installation help please

Post by Dagen »

I have downloaded Vireo on my windows 7 OS and it does not seem to work. The files download but no execution. I have boarder lands and half life 2 but nothing it is in normal view not split screen occulus. The form appears with drop downs with occulus rift and occulus track in but I just can't get it to work. Any help with my idiocy would be really appreciated.

Dag
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Vireo Installation help please

Post by cybereality »

For some games all you have to do is keep the app open. It may also help to right-click to do "run as administrator" for both the app and the game. If that still doesn't work, you can try coping the DLL files from "Perception/bin" into the game directory.

Also, for Half-Life 2 you should use the native support Valve did. You can get to this by going into the Steam options for the game, then opt-in for the beta, and add the "-vr" flag to the command line options. Borderlands was not officially supported by Vireio, some people got it to almost work but I don't have the steps off-hand.

A good game to try is Left4Dead as it seems to be well supported by Vireio.
Dagen
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Dagen »

Thanks I will try now running both in admin
Dagen
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Dagen »

When I try to run half life now it just crashes after the valve logo, forward movement so thanks but still stuck, any suggestions?

Dag
Ryuuken24
Cross Eyed!

Post by Ryuuken24 »

I have the best solution for you. TriDef which seems to support 30 game titles. Half Life 2 has support made by valve for the rift, Google up for the how to. Cheers!

Return to “Development / General Discussion”