Vadim Asadov Volume 3

BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

yes - we know and we are preparing :-)
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

BlackQ wrote:driver just left our lab and going to final test before beta release :-)
I thought the alpha release in the comunity would be the 'final test' :lol:
but aparently I was mistaken there :oops:
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

LukePC1 wrote:
BlackQ wrote:driver just left our lab and going to final test before beta release :-)
It is a 4 step process :)

First, it is alpha only in the R&D office in Russia. Then, when they have tested it, etc, it then goes to the USA office, where we then test it, and send it back and forth if it's required. After we approve it, we then release the beta version to the public.

After public testing, we finalize it.
shonofear
Cross Eyed!

Post by shonofear »

ahhh the suspense is killing me :o
trying really hard NOT to check the forums every minute with the hope of the 1.09 release
but failing miserably,
waiting patiently......
ddorpm
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ddorpm »

This is exciting news! Looking forward to the beta testing. Kudos to the iZ3D team for their continued dedication and support of S-3D!

ddorpm
---------------
Owner of a recently purchased iZ3D monitor and very happy with it
LukePC1

Post by LukePC1 »

Welder wrote:
LukePC1 wrote:

First, it is alpha only in the R&D office in Russia. Then, when they have tested it, etc, it then goes to the USA office, where we then test it, and send it back and forth if it's required. After we approve it, we then release the beta version to the public.

So you guys in USA are playing games all day to test the drivers and the guys in Russia do the work... I think I should imigrate to USA :lol:

Well I wish you good luck testing it all (my) night, so it is ready when I wake up :P

Or does it have a special reason? Maybe because it is 'day' on your halve and now night in R?
And tomorrow it will be the other way around and so on. So there is always one working on the driver without having to work at 'night'?
ayqz1u0s

Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

LukePC1 wrote:
Welder wrote:
LukePC1 wrote: I thought the alpha release in the comunity would be the 'final test' :lol:

So you guys in USA are playing games all day to test the drivers and the guys in Russia do the work... I think I should imigrate to USA :lol:

Well I wish you good luck testing it all (my) night, so it is ready when I wake up :P

Or does it have a special reason? Maybe because it is 'day' on your halve and now night in R?
And tomorrow it will be the other way around and so on. So there is always one working on the driver without having to work at 'night'?
Actually, most game testing is also done in Russia. We are mostly interested that the driver functions without error during installation, uninstallation, the features work, etc. Marketing likes to make sure that the icing is on the cake before we release it to you :)
chrisjarram
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by chrisjarram »

tick tock.. I can't sleep! :D
LukePC1

Post by LukePC1 »

chrisjarram wrote:tick tock.. I can't sleep! :D
I hope you are not the only one :D
the bug fixers musstn't seleep, if we can't sleep. Fair for all :lol:
ayqz1u0s

chrisdfw
Cross Eyed!

Post by chrisdfw »

With the issues being mentioned about how shutter glasses will not synch easily with the new IZ3d drivers, I wanted to find out how exaclty the shutter glasses work to better understand the issue.

I assume that in order for wired or wireless shutter glasses to work that they aren't sent a signal to just "switch eyes" but must be sent a signal of which specific eye to switch to. Does anyone with an O-Scope know what type of signal is sent? Is it a positive and negative signal or positive and zero? What is the difference between the wired signal and wireless signal?

I am trying to better understand why Nvidia drivers know when a left eye frame has been rendered and can send the correct signal to the glasses but IZ3d cannot.

If you hit a button to switch left/right eyes to manually synch the IZ3d drivers then will any other game played while the PC is on be in synch or will you have to manually synch it each time you load a game?
chrisjarram

Post by chrisjarram »

chrisdfw wrote:With the issues being mentioned about how shutter glasses will not synch easily with the new IZ3d drivers, I wanted to find out how exaclty the shutter glasses work to better understand the issue.

I assume that in order for wired or wireless shutter glasses to work that they aren't sent a signal to just "switch eyes" but must be sent a signal of which specific eye to switch to. Does anyone with an O-Scope know what type of signal is sent? Is it a positive and negative signal or positive and zero? What is the difference between the wired signal and wireless signal?

I am trying to better understand why Nvidia drivers know when a left eye frame has been rendered and can send the correct signal to the glasses but IZ3d cannot.

If you hit a button to switch left/right eyes to manually synch the IZ3d drivers then will any other game played while the PC is on be in synch or will you have to manually synch it each time you load a game?
You'll have to manually sync it as it entirely depends which order the frame buffer is populated in. iz3d don't have access to the low-level rendering queue to interrupt it like nVidia do (they keep that close to their chests for a number of reasons), but they are releasing a 'marked' version which can be used by a dongle to sync the glasses (i.e. for a period of 16 frames it flashes red then green, then the dongle knows which frame is for which eye and it stays in sync after that). I'm going to be working on said dongle shortly if it proves to be vital - I'd do anything do get that eagerly awaited shutter support working!! :)
It is possible nVidia are able to force the interlacing marker to stay on (even using non-interlaced frame output) and perhaps this is how they are marking which eye is which.
chrisjarram

Post by chrisjarram »

chrisdfw wrote:With the issues being mentioned about how shutter glasses will not synch easily with the new IZ3d drivers, I wanted to find out how exaclty the shutter glasses work to better understand the issue.

oh, and obviously there is no difference for wired or wireless shutter glasses as all that is taken care of in the eDim (or similar) dongle.
Nobsi
Cross Eyed!

Post by Nobsi »

I own the Another EYE 2000 shutterglasses, which were sold out recently for 9.90$ or so. It uses the video output V-sync signal for synchronisation and has a reverse button, so I can flip eyes manually. I guess I will have luck with this device.

The question is though, will the alternating left/right frames really stay in sync with the V-sync signal or may they occasionally reverse if the CPU/GPU can't keep the frame rate. In this case of course a dynamic resynchronisation would be required, so I will be out of luck.

I see that they are still selling this glasses for $9,95 at http://www.xforce3d.com/.
Maybe now is a good time to get one...
Last edited by Nobsi on Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
LukePC1

Post by LukePC1 »

I'm still not shure, if I understood...

Lets make an example:
The driver and GPU sends

L, L, R, R, R, L, L, R, R, L, R, L

So first the left image is displayed for 2 frames then the right one for 3 frames.

The NV driver didn't have something like this. It was working on the backbuffer correctly and the images were allways the right order and speed. But if I understood right, these parts of the NV driver are blocked, so the output order and speed depends on FPS. It could look like the above^^

Or in the better case IZ3D HAS access to the backbuffers correctly, so that it's like:
L, R, L, R and all the time no matter how SLOW your GPU is...
In that case you should be fine with just a switch to reverse sync.
@sync: what does the ED activatior do? Isn't it 'just' sending sync information to the dongle to make it flicker?

I hope you understand me better, than I understand you :?
ayqz1u0s

Nobsi
Cross Eyed!

Post by Nobsi »

It is my understanding that the iZ3D driver sends the right/left frames alternating (L,R,L,R,L,R...). Initially it sends 16 special frames (e.g. full red for left eye and full green for right eye) so a shutter-controller can recognize the left/right frames.

The sequence would be: red, green, red, green...red, green, L, R, L, R, L, R...

If that is true, my shutter glasses would work nicely, I only have to manually select the right L/R assignment.

If of course the constant alternation reverses sometimes, the inital synchronisation would not help much. So my hope is that that does not happen :( .
chrisjarram

Post by chrisjarram »

Nobsi wrote:It is my understanding that the iZ3D driver sends the right/left frames alternating (L,R,L,R,L,R...). Initially it sends 16 special frames (e.g. full red for left eye and full green for right eye) so a shutter-controller can recognize the left/right frames.

The sequence would be: red, green, red, green...red, green, L, R, L, R, L, R...

If that is true, my shutter glasses would work nicely, I only have to manually select the right L/R assignment.

If of course the constant alternation reverses sometimes, the inital synchronisation would not help much. So my hope is that that does not happen :( .
Yep, thats exactly right Nobsi. It is assumed the constant sync will remain (I'm guessing it'd be pretty pointless iz3d adding the marker functionalty otherwise) unless indeed it is detected the sync is dropped, in that case the marker would need to be automatically resent.
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

hi, guys!

I just got report from US - we have last 8 bugs to correct in interface - it will take 2-3 hours to correct them - but tomorrow (it is midnight now in Moscow) - only CTO is working :-)

Sorry for this, but it is a strong competition between US and Russian office - we want to make driver good, they want to make it better :-)

Again I'm very sorry for this delay - it is partially related with two driver version we are releasing - one for us (and for you) and one for .... tsssss! secret yet :-) but it is a good secret :-)
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

"Big smile" :D

You're best!
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
Sabre2552
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Sabre2552 »

BlackQ wrote:hi, guys!

I just got report from US - we have last 8 bugs to correct in interface - it will take 2-3 hours to correct them - but tomorrow (it is midnight now in Moscow) - only CTO is working :-)

Sorry for this, but it is a strong competition between US and Russian office - we want to make driver good, they want to make it better :-)

Again I'm very sorry for this delay - it is partially related with two driver version we are releasing - one for us (and for you) and one for .... tsssss! secret yet :-) but it is a good secret :-)
Ah, what does this news mean for us?
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

I just don't get people who are excited about iphones/ iphones rumors - this is 10000 times more interesting.
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
The_Doctor

Post by The_Doctor »

Haha, in Poland they hired actors to stay in line for iphones. :roll:
yuriythebest1 wrote:I just don't get people who are excited about iphones/ iphones rumors - this is 10000 times more interesting.
LukePC1

Post by LukePC1 »

WHOOT :shock:
Yuri is an actor payed by IZ3D? :shock:
he stays in line for the IZ3D driver :lol:
ayqz1u0s

BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

yuriythebest1 wrote:I just don't get people who are excited about iphones/ iphones rumors - this is 10000 times more interesting.
Rumor of the day :
iphone v3.0 will have a 3d screen !
W00000T !
chrisjarram

Post by chrisjarram »

Isnt all this iPhone stuff getting slightly off-topic? BlackQ can you tell us the new release day?

Thanks,
Chris J
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

I'll send latest version to US office for test today - hope if no bug we'll can release it
chrisdfw
Cross Eyed!

Post by chrisdfw »

Can you give us any hints as to what company the driver is or isn't for?

Is it for ATI??? :D
ssiu

Post by ssiu »

BlackShark wrote:
Rumor of the day :
iphone v3.0 will have a 3d screen !
W00000T !
OT: There is actually a phone (Samsung SCH-B710) that can take sterescopic pictures and have an auto-stereoscopic screen. You can also watch TV and play MP3 etc. Drool ... Only in Korea

http://www.crunchgear.com/2007/10/17/sa ... ile-phone/

http://mobilementalism.com/2007/04/23/p ... deo-phone/
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

It's not for Burger King or McDonalds - though I can't be 100% certain.

Regards,
Neil
chrisdfw
Cross Eyed!

Post by chrisdfw »

Neil wrote:It's not for Burger King or McDonalds - though I can't be 100% certain.

Regards,
Neil
LOL! Thanks Neil, now I just had to explain to my co-workers why I laughed out loud. For some reason they just don't understand.

Hmmm....I'll have to stop by McDonalds for lunch and get a happy meal....perhaps there are free IZ3d drivers as the toy surprise!
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

confirmed: not for McDonald or Burger King :-) But thanks for idea, Neil ;-)
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

chrisdfw wrote:Can you give us any hints as to what company the driver is or isn't for?

? We have worke don ATI cards since Version 1.0 of our drivers.
So, I can tell you that it will work on ATI :)
chrisdfw
Cross Eyed!

Post by chrisdfw »

Welder wrote:
chrisdfw wrote:Can you give us any hints as to what company the driver is or isn't for?

Sorry, I meant that I wanted to know which company the secret deal is with that IZ3d will provide the drivers too.

I was hoping it was ATI so that they could compete with Nvidia. I really want to get rid of my Nvidia cards since I feel that company provided horrible customer service by dropping 3d support for the majority of 3d hardware and they don't communicate with consumers/fans.

i doubt that the deal is with E-Dimensional since shutter support isn't really perfect.
LukePC1

Post by LukePC1 »

Welder wrote:

so it IS for ATI :D
Wasn't there some news about sapphire creating (their own) S-3D drivers? And maybe also monitor? If they are fast they can be before NV. That would be completly awsome :lol:
ayqz1u0s

Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

When I said what I said,
I mean that our drivers work with ATI Graphics cards. That is what I thought you meant by your question :)
LukePC1

Post by LukePC1 »

We knew it would work with ATI, but we want to find out, who the 'partner' is.. or who not :D

So we don't get a NO for ATI. So we have to assume you are teaming up with ATI or Sapphire. But it would be great news :shock:

Or maybe its some other BIG monitor creator? What about the DLP TVs? Are you working with samsung or Mitsubishi (or who ever creates them?)

or can you tell us, when you may tell us?
ayqz1u0s

BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

beta will be released in few minutes, but Neil is not online atm and we'll put it to iZ3D forum initially I'll place there list of known bugs (most of them will corrected on Monday) and specs for market shutter

Again, sorry for delay
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

Whoo hoo! Looks like a great weekend after all!

Look forward to seeing how they work on my Sammy!

Great work guys!
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
mastRmind
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mastRmind »

tick tock..... its almost here 8)

Good luck with the new driver everyone, and thanks for all your hard work IZ3d. :wink:
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

just be careful it it beta and my birthday.... started 2 hours 43 minutes ago :D
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

Happy B-Day, BlackQ! Have a drink on me! :twisted:
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”