Vireio & SKyrim - Not compatible with SKSE

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
zeddius
One Eyed Hopeful

Vireio & SKyrim - Not compatible with SKSE

Post by zeddius »

Been goofing around with Skyrim, vireio and Oculus.

So far i have been able to get it to work ok, but then i started to add mods. Prob is, there are many mods thay require the SKSE script. Problem with the SKSE is that it requires you to launch the game through a spesific SKSE Launcher. And here is the real problem, the vireio dont activate when starting skyrim through this launcher......

So unless anyone has a workaround, Vireio & Skyrim is incompatible with any mods requiring the SKSE.
dariusu
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Vireio & SKyrim - Not compatible with SKSE

Post by dariusu »

I have it running on the pre-1.1.0 drivers with many SKSE mods, and even ScriptDragon simultaneously.
nikropht
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by nikropht »

dariusu
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by dariusu »

nikropht wrote:I wrote a guide here http://riftmod.com/how-to-skyrim-and-oc ... fixed-hud/
Great guide. Maybe you want to add a link to the SHOCT walkthrough here?
zeddius
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by zeddius »

nikropht wrote:I wrote a guide here http://riftmod.com/how-to-skyrim-and-oc ... fixed-hud/

Thanks. tried your guide and followed it to the letter using the linked version of Vireio drivers. When i launch the game with the SKSE-loader i still dont have occulus 3D vision, its just one normal screen filling the entire FOV of both by normal monitor and occulus.
CDouce
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by CDouce »

I'm having the same problem. Everything is being run as administrator, I followed the guide, the perception program is running, but skyrim shows up as a single screen both on my monitor and the rift. I feel like there is a step missing, or something has changed with one of the programs since the guide was made. I'm giving up for tonight, this is too frustrating. I hope someone can provide some guidance, I have no idea what else to try.
HappyHimitsu
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by HappyHimitsu »

Same problem with me. Just got my Rift today and WOW! <3
Can't wait to try Skyrim. :)
CDouce
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by CDouce »

I figured out what I was doing wrong. The guide only said to move the files from the bin folder to the skyrim folder, but you also need to copy the other folders to the skyrim folder. Also, the guide said after running perception.exe that it would create a shortcut or something, when in reality you just leave perception running and start the skse_loader.exe. With those modifications to the guide, it would be pretty much perfect. Unfortunately, actually calibrating the rift once in the game is no easy task. I've given up on it for now, but I will try again when I'm in a more patient state of mind.

Return to “Development / General Discussion”