F1 2010 Working with Verio

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
lmimmfn
Cross Eyed!

F1 2010 Working with Verio

Post by lmimmfn »

NOTE: This is the proper way to get F1 working on the Rift, there are hacks for F1 2012 using Oculus Overlay but that runs like crap.

This is what i used to get it working:
Verio Perception 1.5 Beta - http://www.vireio.com/
Latest Opentrack from Dirt2/3 thread, i.e. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/152 ... ntrack.zip ( kudos to mm0zct for that )
TrackIRFixer - http://naturalpointofview.blogspot.se/p ... fixer.html

Changes needed:
Modify the Verio profiles.xml to include:
<profile game_name="f1_2010" game_exe="F1_2010_game.exe" game_type="600" separation="0.00014" convergence="0" swap_eyes="false" yaw_multiplier="25" pitch_multiplier="25" roll_multiplier="1" />
<profile game_name="f1_2010" game_exe="F1_2010.exe" game_type="600" separation="0.00014" convergence="0" swap_eyes="false" yaw_multiplier="25" pitch_multiplier="25" roll_multiplier="1" />

Modify hardware_settings_config.xml, set <directx forcedx9="true" />

Copy hijackdll.dll, d3d9.dll, libfreespace.dll from the Verio folder into the F1 2010 game folder, i.e. where "F1_2010_game.exe" etc is. Note: if you end up with 4 images in Verio instead of 2, then remove those 3 dll's from the F1 2010 game folder and that will fix it.

NOW THE IMPORTANT PART:
Headtracking wont work for freetrack/opentrack by default due to naturalpoint being gimps( i.e. protecting trackir ).

Run TrackIrFixer
Run OpenTrack, make sure Tracker Source 1 is set to the Rift and 2 set to the Hydra, click settings for the Hydra and ensure only "Y" is checked. Click "Start" in Opentrack, point the rift( and optionally hydra straight forward and hit the "End" key to recenter everything ). Note: Do this in game if the rift or hydra drifts.
Run Verio, set verio to "Oculus Rift" and "No Tracking"

Launch F1 2010, should work perfectly.

Apologies if my explanation is crap, dont do this often, but i thought others might want to try a F1 game on the rift
Last edited by lmimmfn on Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
yomer
Cross Eyed!

Re: F1 2010 Working with Verio

Post by yomer »

lmimmfn wrote:NOTE: This is the proper way to get F1 working on the Rift, there are hacks for F1 2012 using Oculus Overlay but that runs like crap.

This is what i used to get it working:
Verio Perception 1.5 Beta
Latest Opentrack from Dirt2/3 thread, i.e. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/152 ... ntrack.zip ( kudos to mm0zct for that )

Changes needed:
Modify the Verio profiles.xml to include:
<profile game_name="f1_2010" game_exe="F1_2010_game.exe" game_type="600" separation="0.00014" convergence="0" swap_eyes="false" yaw_multiplier="25" pitch_multiplier="25" roll_multiplier="1" />
<profile game_name="f1_2010" game_exe="F1_2010.exe" game_type="600" separation="0.00014" convergence="0" swap_eyes="false" yaw_multiplier="25" pitch_multiplier="25" roll_multiplier="1" />

Modify hardware_settings_config.xml, set <directx forcedx9="true" />

NOW THE IMPORTANT PART:
Headtracking wont work for freetrack/opentrack by default due to naturalpoint being gimps( i.e. protecting trackir ).
Download TrackIrFixer which disables the encryption - http://naturalpointofview.blogspot.se/p ... fixer.html

Run TrackIrFixer
Run OpenTrack, make sure Tracker Source 1 is set to the Rift and 2 set to the Hydra, click settings for the Hydra and ensure only "Y" is checked. Click "Start" in Opentrack, point the rift( and optionally hydra straight forward and hit the "End" key to recenter everything ). Note: Do this in game if the rift or hydra drifts.
Run Verio, set verio to "Oculus Rift" and "No Tracking"

Launch F1 2010, should work perfectly.

Apologies if my explanation is crap, dont do this often, but i thought others might want to try a F1 game on the rift( i know theres a F1 2012 hack but its terrible in terms of performance )
Great guide! It's a shame I only have F1 2012. I'm waiting for VorpX drivers, since Ralf said he got F1 2012 working with his drivers.

What are your computer specs?
lmimmfn
Cross Eyed!

Post by lmimmfn »

yomer wrote:
Great guide! It's a shame I only have F1 2012. I'm waiting for VorpX drivers, since Ralf said he got F1 2012 working with his drivers.

What are your computer specs?
Cheers, my specs are:
2x6970
i7 920@3.8Ghz
9Gig DDR3
It runs smooth for me, but i was only using 1 card( i.e. no crossfire ) as last i checked ATI driver updates and Codemasters game updates broke crossfire support for F1 2010. I didnt have time to run a benchmark last night( just got it working and went to bed lol ) but i assume it was 40-60FPS, default AA was at a stupid setting so must reduce it.

Incidentally( and not much use for you ), but F1 2011 should work too as it supports DX9 also.
mm0zct
Cross Eyed!

Post by mm0zct »

NOW THE IMPORTANT PART:
Download TrackIrFixer which disables the encryption - http://naturalpointofview.blogspot.se/p ... fixer.html
Hmm, I'd like to look into this but I don't have F1 2010 personally, OpenTrack should be able to handle the TrackIR encryption by itself (it works fine with Dirt2,3 and GRiD). If it comes in the steam summer sale cheap I'll look into it.

If i remember correctly the tracking works in F1 2012 too, so I don't know why it doesn't in 2010.

Also
click settings for the Hydra and ensure only "Y" is checked
rings some alarm bells that either I did not upload the correct version, or you have a stale one.

I'll investigate and report back, I should do a release compiled against the new Oculus SDK anyway,
lmimmfn
Cross Eyed!

Post by lmimmfn »

mm0zct wrote:
NOW THE IMPORTANT PART:
Hmm, I'd like to look into this but I don't have F1 2010 personally, OpenTrack should be able to handle the TrackIR encryption by itself (it works fine with Dirt2,3 and GRiD). If it comes in the steam summer sale cheap I'll look into it.

If i remember correctly the tracking works in F1 2012 too, so I don't know why it doesn't in 2010.

Also
click settings for the Hydra and ensure only "Y" is checked
rings some alarm bells that either I did not upload the correct version, or you have a stale one.

I'll investigate and report back, I should do a release compiled against the new Oculus SDK anyway,
I couldnt get it working at all with OpenTrack( otherwise i would have stuck the info in your Dirt2/3 thread instead ), tried loads of different things, as soon as i used TrackIrFixer it worked perfectly. I read some stuff on the web that OpenTrack would work no problem for Dirt2/3 & Grid but not with F1 2010 without TrackIr fixer. Im also pretty sure tracking works in F1 2012 as i tried the hack with Oculus Overlay with that, ill double check.

Cheers of the info on the Hydra "Y" checked, ill remove all the opentrack stuff and use the latest one you posted and check the other axis.

Bring on the steam sales :)

Maybe its best to merge this thread with yours, i.e. update the title of yours with F1 2010 and put the TrackIrFixer info there( until someone reports on a way to just use Opentrack with it ).

Return to “Development / General Discussion”