Continous Yaw (I need to know units for plugins)

Official forum for open source FreePIE discussion and development.
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Continous Yaw (I need to know units for plugins)

Post by CyberVillain »

I've created a generic strategy to get continues yaw from IMU plugins. This is good when doing mouse emulation.
But to enable it for each plugin I need to know if it uses radians or degrees.

I do not own all hardware so dont know units for all hardware in FreePIE, if you want support for your IMU please tell me if its in Radians or Degrees.

Android - Radians
RescueGamer
Cross Eyed!

Re: Continous Yaw (I need to know units for plugins)

Post by RescueGamer »

I only have Android and is in radians as you said, which I need to improve the latency for my DIy Rift, I will try sharing the phone connection by usb and hope it works (another method to send the android imu data to freepie by usb would be good to improve the latency right?)
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Post by CyberVillain »

Havent tried USB connection so cant answer that, but wired connection is always good. Maybe translating USB > Ethernet will lag some but probably less than Wifi

edit: also a phones IMU was not ment for VR head tracking so do not expect same results that you get from the dedicated trackers like Oculus or Yei
RescueGamer
Cross Eyed!

Post by RescueGamer »

I know, but check out the open dive/durovis dive project, i tested and the head tracking works percect, 0 lag! but in that case there are nothing between the sensors and the cpu, so theres is the incredible low latency.

Return to “FreePIE”