OpenTrack Rift Help Needed / MouseLook

baggyg
Vireio Perception Developer

OpenTrack Rift Help Needed / MouseLook

Post by baggyg »

Hi Though I would do some tests with OculusOverlay and Opentrack today to see if I could get some unsupported games running.

Go the Overlay working quite nicely with Bioshock. I have donwloaded the oculus Rift version of openTrack however I am struggling to get this to emulate the mouse.

I choose the Tracker Source as Oculus and make sure everything is turned on.

I can press start at this stage and everything looks fine with the opentrack image representing the tracker movements.

Under GameProfile I select Mouse Look.
I set Mouse X to Yaw
Mouse Y to Pitch and the mouse style to "Relative".

When I start everything looks fine and at the top of the window it says "Mouse Tracker".

However this doesn't translate into moving the mouse in the game (or anywhere else even with "Virtual Desktop" setting on).

Can anyone help me here? Or am I misunderstanding what OpenTrack can do?
mm0zct
Cross Eyed!

Re: OpenTrack Rift Help Needed / MouseLook

Post by mm0zct »

No this should do what you are expecting, I'll look into it tonight when I get home from work (along with those other OpenTrack things I've not found time for, I should have some spare cycles tonight at last).
baggyg

Post by baggyg »

mm0zct wrote:No this should do what you are expecting, I'll look into it tonight when I get home from work (along with those other OpenTrack things I've not found time for, I should have some spare cycles tonight at last).
Hi,
Thanks for the feedback, at least I know I am not crazy!

Did you have any luck looking into this?
mm0zct
Cross Eyed!

Post by mm0zct »

We've fixed the problem and I'll have a new version of the tracker uploaded tomorrow. Hopefully with some new treats but at the very least the mouse emulation works properly now :)

Thanks for reporting the issue.
mm0zct
Cross Eyed!

Post by mm0zct »

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/152 ... ntrack.zip Try this version and let me know if it still doesn't work. It also adds the hydra tracker, which you can merge with the Rift to add positional by setting them as Tracker 1 and 2, then disabling the orientation on the Hydra by unchecking the check boxes for Yaw, Pitch and Roll.
baggyg

Post by baggyg »

mm0zct wrote:https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/152 ... ntrack.zip Try this version and let me know if it still doesn't work. It also adds the hydra tracker, which you can merge with the Rift to add positional by setting them as Tracker 1 and 2, then disabling the orientation on the Hydra by unchecking the check boxes for Yaw, Pitch and Roll.
Great Thanks! I will give this a try and let you know.
willy121
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by willy121 »

The mouselook works on the desktop for me but it does not work in any games. I would be very grateful if someone could help me with this.
baggyg

Post by baggyg »

willy121 wrote:The mouselook works on the desktop for me but it does not work in any games. I would be very grateful if someone could help me with this.
From my experience this usually occurs when the program is not run as an administrator. Run the program as an administrator. Start the script the run the game.
willy121
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by willy121 »

Hi thanks for the reply. I tried running as administrator but still had the same problem. Do you find the mouse emulation stops working if you CTR ALT Delete in windows 7 to the screen with the options?
Trip Rodriguez
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Trip Rodriguez »

I am having the same problem as the OP. The mouse emulation just doesn't work at all like he described. I'm trying to use the rift tracker as my mouse, it does not work in windows or in game. The tracker is working, but not moving the mouse.

Thanks

Return to “Oculus VR”