Oculus tracker plugin possible?

Official forum for open source FreePIE discussion and development.
RescueGamer
Cross Eyed!

Oculus tracker plugin possible?

Post by RescueGamer »

Hi everyone, i finished yesterday my DIY Rift, and i have to say that works pretty well, now I can play many games thanks to vireio, but many others i can´t because of the tracker. So here is my question, it would be possible to create a oculus tracker plugin for FreePie in order to use my tracker as the oculus tracker or something like that? I really need something like that, with that my DIY would be like a real oculus rift.
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Oculus tracker plugin possible?

Post by CyberVillain »

We are working really hard to get out the new release, Wiimote is taking more time than hoped. When that Is done we will look at the SDK for Oculus. But I am very sure it will not be able to spoof the SDK becasue its a Cpp Lib thats not reference like a dll but rather linked at compile time. This means we cant spoof it like we do with TrackIR.

Only way would be to fake the HID device, but frankly, thats not something I will have time todo, maybe someone down the line will take that time. But dont count on it. Its very sad that Oculus didnt created a static C lib for the SDK. That would have been a breeze to spoof. Maybe they did it so that it wont be easy to spoof for other devices.

Anyway, we will first concentrate on having Rift read support, when that is in place maybe we have a better understanding of the SDK and what would be required to spoof it.
RescueGamer
Cross Eyed!

Re: Oculus tracker plugin possible?

Post by RescueGamer »

Thanks for your work, take your time, anyway any improvements on vireio would be good for my DIY Rift too, so I can survive with it XD.
Keep with your impresionant work, you're really doing something big, if it's possible to spoof the tracker good, if not, I have vireio :)
Really thanks! ;)

Return to “FreePIE”