Trouble with Steam version of Reckless Disregard for Gravity

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
scarletshark
One Eyed Hopeful

Trouble with Steam version of Reckless Disregard for Gravity

Post by scarletshark »

I have been toying with Vireio Perception a bit over the last few days. I've learned a lot, and I've been playing L4D2 on steam with no issues! However, I can't get AaAaAA!!! - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity to work.

I've double-checked that I have the correct game installed, and that the Perception folder contents have been copied into the steam folder. I've opened the perception app, and ensured that the Oculus Rift is selected, and that I'm using the Oculus head tracker. When I open the game from steam, it stretches across both eyes. I've tried opening from the game folder, but it tells me that it can't find a steam connection...

Any thoughts? I am running Steam as an Admin... I suppose that might be an issue. I'll try again this evening.
scarletshark
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Trouble with Steam version of Reckless Disregard for Gra

Post by scarletshark »

Since I am running Steam as an admin, I need to also run the game file as an admin in order to reach the steam service for "check in." That was step 1.

Step 2 was to copy the contents of the perception "bin" folder directly into the game folder. I was able to play L4D2 with the files remaining in the bin folder... for whatever reason, it wasn't working with this game. :? Hope this helps someone else!

Return to “Development / General Discussion”