Vireio tracking with smartphone is possible?

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
RescueGamer
Cross Eyed!

Vireio tracking with smartphone is possible?

Post by RescueGamer »

Hi everyone, i know there are others ways of tracking with vireio perception like using the leds and freetrack, but i want to know if its possible to tracking with the sensors of an android smartphone, and get a full head tracking on DIY rifts, like in the original one. Thanks for all :)
Unclebob
Cross Eyed!

Re: Vireio tracking with smartphone is possible?

Post by Unclebob »

RescueGamer wrote:Hi everyone, i know there are others ways of tracking with vireio perception like using the leds and freetrack, but i want to know if its possible to tracking with the sensors of an android smartphone, and get a full head tracking on DIY rifts, like in the original one. Thanks for all :)
Try http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=139 FREEPIE

or

For a quick non PC fix

http://www.durovis.com/index.html

Hope this helps
UB

Don't try this at home folks....
RescueGamer
Cross Eyed!

Post by RescueGamer »

Thanks for reply, i'm building a durovis dive, and experimenting with freepie, which seem to be te best solution for tracking with a DIY rift, but i having problems with it, i can use the sensors of the phone in vireio, but it goes a little insane, i have to keep trying.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

It's possible if you know how to program and want to add support for it.
RescueGamer
Cross Eyed!

Post by RescueGamer »

By the moment i modified a script for FreePIE Android>Shared memory tracker (supported on vireio) that works really well, i had full head tracking with my smartphone. If anyone wants that script I posted it on the Android post in FreePIE forum ;)

Return to “Development / General Discussion”