Im Stumped

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
3dseeker
One Eyed Hopeful

Im Stumped

Post by 3dseeker »

i have quad core pc running vista x64 cuz 6gb memory.
i have vr920 hmd which have only x86 drivers.
i cant install xp cuz of missing sata drivers......

Help me MTBS3D, you're my only hope... lol
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

You need a recent version of XP. Just update to SP2 or SP3 and you should be good. I am sure that XP supports SATA (both my drives are SATA and I'm on XP SP2). The VR920 also works fine with Vista 32-bit if you have that option, although under XP you can take advantage of the old Nvidia drivers possibly. I would probably go with Vista 32-bit if possible, although then you lose half your RAM. Don't worry, you are not the only one with compatibility problems. Too much to cover in one post, if you have any specific questions just let me know. I've got VR920 and and some computers to test with.
3dseeker
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3dseeker »

well i got xp installed, any idea how to find a way to get a nvidia 9500 se to use 91.31 drivers?
laptopvideo2go.com got my hp tx1000 to use them with my vr920 but i want my quad desktop's performance.
certainly are old drivers... i need a modded inf.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

3dseeker wrote:well i got xp installed, any idea how to find a way to get a nvidia 9500 se to use 91.31 drivers?
laptopvideo2go.com got my hp tx1000 to use them with my vr920 but i want my quad desktop's performance.
well from what I've read the last compatible model for the olskool nvidia drivers is the 8800. The 9500 should be supported by nvidia's new vista drivers that only support anaglyph and zalman.
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

3dseeker wrote:well i got xp installed, any idea how to find a way to get a nvidia 9500 se to use 91.31 drivers?
You are probably not going to get anywhere with the Nvidia driver with that card. What you need to use is the Vuzix-Stereo driver which you can get here:
http://www.vuzix.com/support/downloads_drivers.html

Latest version is 2.2 which just came out and adds support for more games and features. It comes with a few games made specific for VR920 so they will work 100% as long as you are on a 32-bit OS. Also, the Vuzix-Stereo driver is actually superior to the Nvidia driver in a couple of ways so that is what you want to try first. It has support for some big name titles: Crysis, COD4, Halo, UT2004, FSX, etc.

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”