Aliens Colonial Marines... almost working

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
LordJuanlo
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Aliens Colonial Marines... almost working

Post by LordJuanlo »

Hi, I've been messing around with Vireio and Aliens Colonial Marines (Unreal Engine) and I got it nearly working. With gametype 600 or 601 I'm getting a reasonable 3D effect, but yaw makes everything shake (it tries to work) and the game is unplayable for my eyes.

Using Unreal Engine gametypes (200, 201, 202) I'm getting a strange mirror effect on left eye. Yaw seems to work better but it has some artifacts.

Using Source gametype I think I'm not getting stereo 3D.

I'm not sure what should be easier: trying to create a usable Unreal Engine profile (it seems logical) or trying to remove the shaking with gametype 600. But I don't think this can be done messing with the profiles, although I'm no expert.

If anyone else can keep trying it would be great. I feel a bit dizzy after so many experiments. These are the settings I've been using:

<profile game_name="Aliens Colonial Marines" game_exe="ACM.exe" game_type="600" separation="0.00608" convergence="0" swap_eyes="false" yaw_multiplier="25" pitch_multiplier="25" roll_multiplier="1" />

You can also get extra fov by editing \My Documents\My Games\Aliens Colonial Marines\PecanGame\Config\PecanEngine.ini. In [SystemSettings] you can edit the FOVOffset=30. Values from 50-60 look good to me (besides maxing out the in-game fov slider).
Comunidad española de RV / Spanish VR Community
Xanderduke
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Aliens Colonial Marines... almost working

Post by Xanderduke »

:ugeek: Awesome work! This is the type of game that would look amazing on the rift. Mine is being shipped and should arrive sometime this week or next. Keep working on it and as soon as I get it, I will help out. It would be amazing as well to get the hydra to work on it having the left trigger summon the motion tracker and the right be used for your weapon. Looking forward to your progress! :D
Xanderduke
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Xanderduke »

So I have been messing with the parameters a bit. It seems to work if you make the gametype value "500." The game actually works well in that setting, you dont have any yaw and the pause menu doesnt come up. But playable
LordJuanlo

Post by LordJuanlo »

Yeah, it kind of works without yaw but I find it a bit uncomfortable, I'm very used to have it working in other Vireio games.
LordJuanlo

Post by LordJuanlo »

After the new Vireio update (1.1.0) I tried Aliens Colonial Marines again. By copying Borderlands 2 or Mirror's Edge profile, 3D looks good. Roll, pitch and yaw are also working, but there are some annoying artifacts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxOWbmhxj9Y

It would be great if someone from the team could take a look at it. It runs MUCH better than previous Vireio. Now it's almost working perfectly. This game will rock on the Oculus Rift!

Return to “Development / General Discussion”