problems with edimensional glasses

Grucho
One Eyed Hopeful

problems with edimensional glasses

Post by Grucho »

hi everybody. i'm new on this forum so hi to all and thanks for the response

i got this problem and i'm really disappointed.

i just bought the edimensional wired glasses and i couldn't find a way to make them works. i tried on winxp and vista and it does still don't work. my pc configuration is: e8200 intel , geforce 8800gts 512, 2 gb of ram and dfi p35 dk.

i follow the guide for the 8800 series of nvidia on this forum but the glasses still not work. i connected my monitor CRT 22" to the video card with of course the dongle. i don't know what to do now. i really wonna try those glasses and i hope that you got some solution for my problem. thanks for the reply!

bye!
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Hi and welcome! :)

You can check here: http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1072 and say a little prayer. Hope you success!

If no success: At this point you can simply wait some weeks until iz3d has their next driver release ready: http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1528 (check the end of the thread). It looks like their next release is going to have shutterglasses support too. Not too sure about e-dimensional glasses so i don't dare making any statements.

Other way around is getting a 7900GT or GTX (nvidiastereo). Don't hope for nvidia improve stereosupport for 8-series cards (the cards are age old but no stereosupport yet. :/ ). You'll get quite good support for older games this way but of course you won't have powder/compability enough for newer ones.

cheers and good luck!
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
Grucho
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Grucho »

thanks for the fast answere. i've already checked the S3D on Geforce8 (manual complete now) topic and it doesen't work for me. so the only solution is to wait until the new driver is coming? how many days i've to wait?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Just stick around man. There should be some interesting developments within the next month.
Grucho
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Grucho »

where i can find some news about the new drivers that are coming?
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Latest news seems to be here on mtbs3d :D. You can check THEIR site but according to BlackQ the 1.09 may hit the download area in 2-3 weeks. But as always regarding software development extra delays may occur.

cheers
Grucho
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Grucho »

maybe we missunderstood each other. i don't have this type of glasses from iz3d or monitor. i just got a simple pair of glasses from edimensional site and i'm trying to finding out how to make them work with vista 32bit. so i'm checking when nvidia will release them new driver for this kind of glasses.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Sorry about bad news but: Lately nvidia seems to make stereodrivers for the zalman monitors only. Maybe (probably) zalman has an agreement with nvidia and pays them for making drivers for their monitors (maybe even pays for exclusive rights?). I'm not optimistic regarding future stereosupport from nvidia but of course that could change. It doesn't look good for the near future though. Afaik noone managed to make later nv drivers to work with anything else than the zalman monitor and anaglyph.

cheers
Grucho
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Grucho »

so you are telling me that will be not more support from nvidea for those pair of glasses?
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

Grucho wrote:so you are telling me that will be not more support from nvidea for those pair of glasses?
that depends on if what you consider currently is "support". :)
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
Grucho
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Grucho »

i mean driver for my 8800 gts 512 that can work fine with my edimensional glasses
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Lol! Found this: Give it a shot! http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1760 This is about 64-bit drivers but there are betas for 32-bit too.

Download 32-bit vistadriver:

Code: Select all

http://downloads.guru3d.com/GeForce-ForceWare-177.79-Vista-(32-bit)-download-2015.html
This forceware should have the stereopanel in the driver so no tinker with separate stereodriver.
Give it a shot and tell us if it works. I wouldn't have to big hopes but at least it's worth a try.

(sorry about the code window but the script didn't allow me to fully paste the above link)

cheers
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

I don't think this is the case.

I got the latest Vista 32 bit, and I see no stereo panel in the driver. HOWEVER, the existing separate stereo driver works. However, I only see Zalman as an option - maybe because that is what is connected to my system.

Regards,
Neil
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Can't try it out myself since i'm still running xp here and i have no plans getting vista yet. So far i'm really satisfied having my 7900 for older games/nvidiastereo and 8800gtx for newer games/iz3d driver. Great that they also support the projector rig so a great variety of games works right now. Only wishing my computer had some more power... :oops:

@Grucho: I wouldn't hope for future support for shutterglasses from nvidia. The best bet is the iz3d-driver (now supports a numerous of s-3d setups. Though not shutters yet). The new 1.09-version will surface any week now as it seems and is said to support shutterglasses. Just wait and see what it gives you.

By the way: I assume you have a crt-monitor (think i read it somewhere else)? Lcd's and shutters don't go too well together.

cheers
Grucho
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Grucho »

yes i got a crt monitor....but now i'm looking foward to get this glasses working!! i hope that they will give us a hope LOL

Return to “Stereoscopic 3D Hardware Technical Support”