Troubles: Perception doesnt work on my system

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
Shizophreniac
One Eyed Hopeful

Troubles: Perception doesnt work on my system

Post by Shizophreniac »

Hi guys,

I have some troubles with Perception on my Alienware M17X with a 680 GTX and my Oculus Rift: have putted the Perception-files in a separate path - hope that is ok?

Than I launched the Perception.exe in the bin-path. Afterwards i choosed Oculus as 3D Method and Tracker - an launched Skyrim, Mirrors Edge, Half Life... an everywhere the games doesnt switch to a Rift-Mode. That means there is no Stereo-Mode with both perspektives on a screen - the screens looking absolutely normal... like the Perception doesnt works. In addition there is no effect if I press the function-keys - it seems like Perception doesnt work. What is the problem? Dp I have to copy it to a special path? Do i have to install some frameworks or something? Whats wrong?

The normal Oculus-Demo with the SDk works very well.

Thanks for your help! :-)
lassikin
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Troubles: Perception doesnt work on my system

Post by lassikin »

the directory shouldn't matter.

tried running them with "run as administrator"? (both perception.exe and the game you're trying to run)
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

What OS are you running?

Also, what do you mean by a "separate path"? The Perception folder structure should not be messed with, though you can place the entire root folder where ever you like.
Shizophreniac
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Shizophreniac »

Thanks for your fast answers.

Yes - I have it in an normal path (C:/Tools/Oculus/Perciption/...)

The OS is the normal Windows 7 64, which was delivered with the Alienware.

Meanwhile with Skyrim it already runs (just the headtracking is not so good like in the original demo from Oculus). But if I start Mirrors Edge and Half Life 2 I see no effect.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Sometimes it helps to load the games by double-clicking the exe file (i.e. not through Steam). At least with Mirror's Edge you may have to do this. I always found HL2 support to be good, so I'm not sure why it wouldn't work. You can also try copying the "d3d9.dll" and "libfreespace.dll" into the game directory (same level as the exe file, sometimes in a bin or binaries folder). And make sure to right click and do run as administrator for Perception and the game (if you haven't tried that yet).
Shizophreniac
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Shizophreniac »

So on your system those games always start in a rift compatible 2 window mode?
Shizophreniac
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Shizophreniac »

Great, after copying the .dll's in the game directory it works - thank you! :-)
Shizophreniac
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Shizophreniac »

Damn... for HL2 this way doesnt works. :( I cant understand, why it seems to be so easy without copying some files for all others.

Return to “Development / General Discussion”