Is 7900 GTX and 7950 GX2 working with 3dstereo?

fdbf
One Eyed Hopeful

Is 7900 GTX and 7950 GX2 working with 3dstereo?

Post by fdbf »

Hi. i ask you to confirm to me that both the mentioned cards (7900 GTX and 7950 GX2) are working well on xp with shutterglasses (i have headplay HMD) and 3dstereo.

i've seen other posts, i'm looking for a confirm cause i've spent money yet for nothing.

please if you tried it tell me.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Hi and welcome! Know the feeling since i have an 8800gtx myself. I can run it in stereo3d with iz3d-drivers (don't work with shutters (yet)).

I have a 7900GT that works fine with nvidiastereo. The 7900GTX is the sharper version (higher clock) than mine and works better.

Maybe someone could throw some light about the difference between 7900 and 7950 chipsets? They seem very equal to me and in that case you could get a 7900GTX (highest clock and best cooling) with best results.

Regarding the 7950GX2 the card contains two vga-chip (-GX2) that's internally SLI'd. SLI don't go too well together with stereo3d but MAYBE works with shutters (since only one output is needed). They won't work with any solutions that needs two videooutputs from the card (planar, dual projection rigs ets). If someone can confirm they use SLI in combination with shutters i think you can go for this option too. (You do have a compatible monitor i hope? LCD's doesn't go to well with shutters and 3d. Crt-monitors, some hdtv's and dlp-projectors are the best choices here.)

cheers
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
fdbf
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by fdbf »

Hi likay and thanks for the help.

i have an head mounted display (headplay its name) (i don't need any monitor) that works with shutterglasses option in nvidia stereo.

i've tried it yet with geforce 4 4200Ti with WoW, need for speed, f1 racing simulation and it's fantastic! all perfect!

but when i decided to upgrade my system i took a geforce 8800GT only to find out that nothing works.

however... this is a good news.

7900 GTX works well and i think i'm taking it.
7950 GX2 works well according to a forum user http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.p ... 802ad93955

Thanks for the confirm again.

i've no angry against nvidia cause it flowed away, i'm only a little sad and tired for things that could be simple and clever, and are troubleful
Hugo
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Hugo »

I´ve a 7950GT with XP and shutter glasses.

It´s working, but not with lasersight (FPS dropdown).

For some games, you have to deactivate dualcore-support
of nv-driver (lfs, cmr4, roguer trooper, cobra 11, GTL).
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

That headplay hmd looks pretty good, top hmd contender at the moment i would think. I guess it works in page flipped mode so maybe if your lucky the new iz3d driver might have something for it.

http://store.headplay.com/DRHM/servlet/ ... D=68788000
fdbf
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by fdbf »

i've just made it working as shutterglasses, but i can try what you say.

Are you saying to select iz3d zalman monitor on vista with the new drivers?
chrisjarram
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by chrisjarram »

I have a BFG 7900GTX OC and an EVGA 7950GX2. Both work absolutely fine. Any issues with the GX2 are the same on the GTX, I havent found any difference between them whatsoever.

Chris J
fdbf
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by fdbf »

ok. my doubt is:

with the trick of vadersapp for getting working the 8800gtx... does it work like 7900gtx?

or is it compatibility of 7 series with stereo better than 8800gtx activated through vadersapp instructions?

@chrisjarram

do they work with shutterglasses?

Return to “Stereoscopic 3D Hardware Technical Support”