Novint Falcon + Occulus Rift 3D

yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Novint Falcon + Occulus Rift 3D

Post by yuriythebest »

This is one of those "imagine if" threads.
Imagine if you could have both the Novint and Occulus rift together, working seamlessly.
"looking around" and "aiming" would be decoupled - as in you would use the Novint to move the crosshairs and gun model,
and use the Occulus to look around. Of course, more fine tuning would need to be required to get the best/most comfortable combination.
Imagine...
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
SartreFan
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: Novint Falcon + Occulus Rift 3D

Post by SartreFan »

I have a Novint and an Oculus on order. If I can find any game that will work with both concurrently I can post some thoughts on the experience.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Yeah, it could work if you are creating custom software. Injecting that into existing games without the source-code would be difficult.
SartreFan
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by SartreFan »

I know Valve has added Oculus support to TF2. I don't know what their schedule of release is for that, but I do know TF2 works on the Novint Falcon. I honestly never use the Novint though as it doesn't feel quite right for FPS games. When pointing to the corners there should be a level of rotation that is not existent. So instead of the feeling you are pointing to a corner, it feel more like you are sliding to the corner. The recoil is definitely serious and quite nice, but can also make controlling what you are doing that much more difficult. For those reasons it was only used a couple times and has sat in a closet since.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”