Spec req. 3D HMD, large FOV, composite input

Tutorials on how to create your own rigs, pics, movies, and everything that has to do with S-3D at home!
JGJG
One Eyed Hopeful

Spec req. 3D HMD, large FOV, composite input

Post by JGJG »

Hi Guys,

Just hoping for some advice as I am now somewhat confused (many weeks of forum reading). Please tell me where and when I go wrong and what to and what not to buy.

Ok What Im keen on making is a 3D HMD that will accept composite signal from a 570 TVL CCTV or DVD player. Basicly its a 3D night vision device-HMD with a large FOV that can be used with DVDs.

I live in Samoa (Western Samoa), there are only 3 free to air TV stations and no such thing as 3D etc. so it will have to convert its incoming signal Internet is expensive and slow and so is shipping (up to 2 months), so I will really value your advice so as not to mess up on buying the wrong parts.

Ive been reading the DIY RIFT forum and would like to head in that direction if possible except it wont have tracking or computer systems to worry about.

So how does this list sound so far?

DIY Rift lens 5X (best place to buy?)
5.6” lcd and driver (what resolution for composite/what type/style?)
Composite to HDMI convertor
2D to 3D SBS-H convertor (more 3D the better, I think?)

My initial questions are...

What resolution for the LCD should I go as its not for blueray etc.? 640X480 or 1280X800?

Can I avoid using one or both convertors as the weight/size and cost quickly build up?

Are there any other better options that I should consider?
Cheap is good if possible
Please dont hold back on the advice and direction

Thanks

J.G.
vrvision
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Spec req. 3D HMD, large FOV, composite input

Post by vrvision »

You should go with the 1280x800 , beacuse you get for 640x800 for one eye and you should go with 7" panel instead of 5.6". Maybe this one :http://www.ebay.com/itm/170930492325?_t ... 301wt_1037

Return to “Do it Yourself!”