Oculus Rift + Buttkicker = Ultimate Immersion Bliss

OmniAtlas
One Eyed Hopeful

Oculus Rift + Buttkicker = Ultimate Immersion Bliss

Post by OmniAtlas »

I just bought myself a Buttkicker (a sound transducer which you can attach to your chair) for use with flight simming -- you can literally feel the roads as the plane transverses the runway + engine sound.

I can't wait until this device can be used together with the Rift :)

I recommend the BK for anyone who is serious about immersion.
kalabalik
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: Oculus Rift + Buttkicker = Ultimate Immersion Bliss

Post by kalabalik »

Yeah, I'm sure looking forward to a playseat with buttkicker, my Fanatec wheel and a Rift on my head to do some serious racing!
Hopefully iRacing, Dirt3, Shift2 and future racers get some nice support for VR; and even if it's a futile dream it would rock so hard to play Forza with this...
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Sounds cool. I always wanted the Aura Interactor backpack. For some reason I never bought it, but maybe now's a good time...

xhonzi
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by xhonzi »

I have several Aura Interactors- the backpacks and the cushions. I've paid around $5 each. They're 20 year old tech- and work like it. They're a little cheesey, but I've enjoyed them.

I have Clarke Synthesis transducers on most of my home theatre furniture and quite enjoy them. Definitely a step up from the Auras. Unless you want to be up and walking around.

But the crown jewel is my D-Box motion simulator... I just wish more games supported it. :(

Return to “Oculus VR”