New to 3D gaming, Having issues with the EDID override

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
Storm360
One Eyed Hopeful

New to 3D gaming, Having issues with the EDID override

Post by Storm360 »

Hi, New to 3D gaming. The TV model I am trying to use is a TX-P42UT30B and I've having nothing but issues trying to get it working.

The 3DTV play trial was great however so i'd love to be able to do it again through the EDID spoof :woot
I'm connecting via HDMI

The overrides i've tried so far are
Zalman 3D Monitor EDID Override (No sound)
Acer HR274H 3D Monitor EDID Override (No Video)
Panasonic TX-P50VT20E 3D HDTV EDID Override (Have audio and video, however the nvidia drivers do not show the settings for 3D vision)

If anyone has any ideas how to get it working i'd be very grateful, thank you
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Re: New to 3D gaming, Having issues with the EDID override

Post by Likay »

Is 3dtv play working? Then it should be easiest just to buy it. Also: Have you looked into Tridefs ignition driver? They have an evaluation period too. Otherwise from that my only advise would be keep trying. :P
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

The EDID thing is only to get non-supported devices supported, you still have to buy it either way. In your case that won't help you, so if the trial worked you should buy it.
Storm360
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Storm360 »

Ah, I was following this tutorial http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=105&t=13176

I have zero money most of the time (yay being unemployed student) and only get to play in 3D every few months since its in my parents living room, I assume there is no freeware alternative and I just need to give up on the idea?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

That thread has the info you need, but I believe Nvidia plugged the hole so the hack no longer works (the thing with the emitter emulator). I guess you could try using an older driver and maybe it would still work. I don't know, I never tried it.

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”