Anyone @ QuakeCon played with the Oculus Rift prototype yet?

benz145
Two Eyed Hopeful

Anyone @ QuakeCon played with the Oculus Rift prototype yet?

Post by benz145 »

Oculus has a booth in the QuakeCon exhibition hall, I'm wondering if anyone here is at QuakeCon and can give us some impressions of the prototype Oculus Rift?
dmr83457
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Anyone @ QuakeCon played with the Oculus Rift prototype

Post by dmr83457 »

I'd like to hear about that as well. Also, does anyone know if there will be a recording of the Virtual Insanity talk at 6pm central? My son decided to have his first birthday party at the same time. I assume it will be streamed so hopefully people will at least record that.
brantlew
Petrif-Eyed

Post by brantlew »

donkaradiablo
Cross Eyed!

Post by donkaradiablo »

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/08 ... ore-118846
Meanwhile, I suggested some form of Mirror’s Edge spin-off and a game with no action component – one that simply focuses on looking and the awkwardness a lingering stare creates – and he nodded vigorously in agreement.
God I really hope that one day id makes such a game as "the scariest game ever" where finding your way out of a zombie/demon infested hell hole doesn't mean killing them all but hiding, running, lurking in the shadows, trying to stay quiet, looking for a way out and being scared to death.

It could also be a Doom 4 spin-off, running paralel with the story, watching the main characters from a distance at some points, using the same assets of the game minus the guns, with fewer monsters and anternate routes. Maybe a dlc, a mod, or as a bonus type of gameplay.

And that game could have some corridor levels like old school id games with the best graphics possible.
Answers
Walking the thin line between Jobs and Kramer
Callezetter
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Callezetter »

Yeah these are def the type of games im into too. Mirrors edge was the top game for me when i had my HMZ-T1.
Its something with the light, setting and vertigo in that game that makes it a killer app. I really look forward
to something similar in the rift in the future. Some acrobatic, wall climbing, avoiding stuff with maybe some portal2
type solving stuff in it. Simple but addictive. Cant wait.
BillRoeske
Cross Eyed!

Post by BillRoeske »

Here are my impressions of the Rift from QuakeCon:

http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.p ... =30#p77562

Return to “Oculus VR”