Getting TF2 (Steam) to work with tridef

yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Getting TF2 (Steam) to work with tridef

Post by yuriythebest »

Right this is really annoying - I have the latest tridef/radeon drivers, and I've posted this in the DDD forums as well several times - basically what happens is when I enter the game, the driver hooks (displays the standard DDD rectangle with the Press ctrl+shift+f1 for help message) , however whenever I try to join a game it freezes halfway through loading. Other games work.
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Getting TF2 (Steam) to work with tridef

Post by Likay »

Hi Yuriy! Good to see you!
I'm no tf2 player myself but one thing i can think about is the vac protection since tf2 is an online game. Left-4-dead games works online?
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

Likay wrote: I'm no tf2 player myself but one thing i can think about is the vac protection since tf2 is an online game. Left-4-dead games works online?
no idea- I only played the NOSTEAM version a long time ago and that of course worked but that was still with the iz3d drivers
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Have you tried an alternate tf2 profile?: http://www.tridef.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1759
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

Likay wrote:Have you tried an alternate tf2 profile?: http://www.tridef.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1759
yes
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

I've managed to getting it to work after setting it to the native resolution of my monitor, however the gun is flat. has anyone overcome this issue?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

DDD makes the gun flat in Source games so you can set the depth higher than you could otherwise. For example, with Nvidia or IZ3D the gun will become drastically doubled (with high depth) and give you a major headache. Its not a bug, its a feature!
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

cybereality wrote:DDD makes the gun flat in Source games so you can set the depth higher than you could otherwise. For example, with Nvidia or IZ3D the gun will become drastically doubled (with high depth) and give you a major headache. Its not a bug, its a feature!
But iz3d has a special stereo projection thingy so that the gun becomes okay again
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

If you find the profile for TF2, you can make a copy of it under a different name. Once you do this, you can select this renamed profile and you will have additional advanced options. In the advanced options, you might be able to customize the 3D rendering of the gun separate from the other elements of the game. Another DDD member will have an easier time explaining this - but it could work for you.

Regards,
Neil

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”