iZ3D Open Source Project (Please Help)

cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

iZ3D Open Source Project (Please Help)

Post by cybereality »

There is only a week left for the iZ3D open source donations. It would be really great if people would contribute to this ASAP as this would help the community greatly.

http://www.iz3d.com/sale.htm

Even though some people on this forum (including myself) are working on our own 3D drivers, iZ3d already has support of hundreds of games and is much further along than we could hope to be for a while. If it does go open source then the community will be able to add support for newer games, more devices (like the Oculus Rift), and so on. It would be really sad to see iZ3D go under and this driver to be lost forever.

Please help. I gave $150, but feel free to donate what you can afford. Its really important.
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Re: iZ3D Open Source Project (Please Help)

Post by Fredz »

I'd like to see how much money they made to this point, no need to feed a project that could be doomed for failure.

Considering the rapid progress you and Emerson made in no time, I'm much eager to participate with coding in your projects that are much more open than in the iZ3d one (at least for Emerson on Github).

We'll see that in a week I guess...
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Well iZ3D said on their site that they received far less contributions than they expected, but who knows how bad it is.

Personally plan on moving forward with my driver either way, I just think its sad to see iz3D get lost in the dust.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

I can agree on that. However i feel that they put up some very unrealistic goals which probably scares potential supporters away. As for you i also hate seeing alternative softwaresolutions disappear. Their sourcecode would probably be a very good startplate/shortut to results for everyone that likes to do coding like this.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

I had to buy DDD (far superior) because the IZ3d driver i bought was already discontinued and buggy when i bought it. As far as im concerned they should release the source for free.
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.
3DWolf
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3DWolf »

Well, it's official. They decided not to release it as an open source project. That's a shame. If they aren't going to support it then I guess it just dies on the vine and withers away. That just leaves us with Nvidia 3d Vision, Tridef, and ? And with little competition their support will continue to get worse (Speaking mainly about Nvidia.)
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Yeah, too bad. Maybe there is still a chance some other company will buy them out and continue development.
ignatius
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ignatius »

sad news to hear iz3d went down. they were the only ones who offered quality 3d drivers. been with iz3d for yeearrss.

will the iz3d drivers still work though for existing customers?
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

I guess they do for as long as you don't change your hardware. I don't know if the licensesite (acen) still is up but if it is you should be able to deactivate a license before changing computer or hardware. There's still one problem though: if the computer completely crash or you'll have to change a for the machineid important device that broke all of a sudden then you're probably smoked. :cry:
ignatius
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ignatius »

yeah thats what i figured.

for some reason i can't get the 'activation window' to pop up in the control panel when i press 'ctrl' + clicking the dynamic test button.

any idea what could be the problem?
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

I just tried and it does for the outputs that require a license. Are you sure you're not trying on anaglyph or the iz3d-output? These should be free in any case in the future.
ignatius
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ignatius »

hmm strange...maybe i'll reinstall iz3d again.

thanks for checking though.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”