SONY HMZ-T1 is in the mail! YAY!

Masterkong
One Eyed Hopeful

SONY HMZ-T1 is in the mail! YAY!

Post by Masterkong »

Alright ppl.. i'm finally going for a stereo setup a little bit morr complicated than my 2 lcds and crosseyed viewing. Aiming for some sort of VR here..

I got my TrackIR 5 a couple of weeks ago, and today i got the message that my SONY HMZ-T1 is being delivered, the sony center where i live has put the unit in the mail so it should arrive monday or tuesday. My only gripe right now is that i need 3DTV Play to use these with my geforcecard.. and nvidia only seems to sell it in US, Canada and Puerto rico.

ahwhell. i guess i have 14 days to find a way to buy it since there is a trialperiod.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Re: SONY HMZ-T1 is in the mail! YAY!

Post by Likay »

3dtv-play shouldn't be bound to countries in any way but i'm not surprized by any things that happens these days... :lol:
As it seems you can get 3dtv play here. You probably have to use paypal or any other international payservice though.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
Masterkong
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Masterkong »

ah.. but it was on this page i found out that i couldnt buy it.. since the nvidia page only sells to us, canada and puerto rico.
the only way to buy it in sweden i've found so far is bundled with nvidia shutterglasses.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Very weird. But nothing amazes me regarding 3d anymore. Manufacturers makes up their own rules who's gonna and not without any logic connections. Nvidia are among the worst. :evil:
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

If you can buy an Nvidia emitter, then the 3DTV Play mode will unlock for free.

Also, hope you like the HMZ-T1. I really want one.
Masterkong
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Masterkong »

Alright dudes(and if any gals) i've been using the device now for 2 days.. its wicked.. the image is .. i dont know.. really good.. i'm using it at work now... writing this... with my dells hdmi output.. i've modded the forehead pads though.. the thinnest one that came with the package was to thick.. luckily i got 3 sizes.. so i took the largest and ripped it apart.. stuck 2 napkins on it and now its fine..
i also removed the little rubber thingie by the nose.. it was just in the way..

in windows i set the resolution to 1080p and let the device downscale it.. zoom the text in webpages to 120% and its crystal clear..

its a little bit difficult to place it optimally to the head.. but i guess i'll get a hang of it soon..

sadly i havn't been able to use it on my main pc.. i'm having difficulties to get the hdmi working through the dvi converter, dunno yet if its the nvidia driver or my handling of them that is wrong, and the andrew dude on the nvidia forum for this baby says that the multimonitorsupport isn't what it could be.. and that they(nvidia) will be looking that over during januari to februari.

i've been watching half-SBS movies though... man this is wonderful.. compared to my previous stereo viewing this kicks ass.. crossing my eyes to view 2 20" lcd is very tilting sensetive.. so this is much more freedom..

anyway.. i wholeheartedly recommend these to anyone in to 3d..

and i'll so buy the next model from sony if it has 1080p native.. other than that?.. wondeful..

i have been checking out this dude on youtube who has mounted the unit on a bicycle helmet.. looks interesting.. i wonder if i can get it close enough to the eyes though.. but i guess it defenately is more comfortable..

if ya got any questions just throw em my way.. if ya can stand my swenglish ;)

bye for now.
Masterkong
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Masterkong »

oh.. and i found out howto buy the 3dtvplay software.. nvidias support didnt know jack but luckily some nvidia dude on the forum knew that i could buy it from the uk website.. through som links though.. not at all like the us website..
ahwell now i can buy it..
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Yup. Nvidia saves money everywhere. Noneducated people requires less salary.
Masterkong
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Masterkong »

Alright.. i just got it working on my main PC...interesting.. i've tried a coupl of games and its nice... although i'm a bit disapointed with arma2.. being the game i primarily bought it for.. cant seem to get my aim working.. gotta see if i can reconfigure something.. ah well gonna try iracing now..

later dudes..

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”