windows appearing on wrong screen

yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

windows appearing on wrong screen

Post by yuriythebest »

Right, I have 2 monitors: a CRT and an LCD (main monitor). The CRT is to the left and the LCD (main) to the right, which is reflected in the desktop options so that the mouse transitions correctly. The problem is that sometimes applications open dialog boxes in the CRT screen. And since I keep that monitor off most of the time except for stereoscopic use since it hurts my eyes this is really bothersome. I know you can move windows by selecting 'move' and using the arrow keys, however sometimes this just doesn't work- and turning the CRT on every time something like this happens is both impractical and damages the CRT. Any way to force them to appear on my LCD?

so you can get an idea here's a screenshot:

Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Either set clone view or single monitor in the driver... If you want to keep the settings you can do this: Right click the programtab on the tasklist below, choose "move" and left click. Don't let go the leftclick since you have a lock on the program window. Now pull the window over to the lcd one. Works for me when using the iz3d-driver with dual beamers and should work for you too.

cheers
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

here's the problem: in clone view both of the monitors will have the same resolution+ refresh rate, while I need my CRT to have 100hz at 1024*768 and my lcd at 60hz. If swapped I'll either get an eye-murdering crt or an out-of-signal-range LCD.

for the move thing: the problem is that with some apps when I right click nothing happens if the app wants to give a dialog box.
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

With the classic control panel before, there was a button to open the nView config window. I think there was an option there to choose on which monitor the windows should open. I used it in the past. I don't know if this still exist in th new NVIDIA drivers. The options were monitor 1, monitor 2, same monitor as the last time you opened that window.

I'm now on Vista 64 bits with the newest drivers and nView disappeared. I think it may be a separate download now but I'm not sure.
CPU : Intel i7-7700K
RAM : 32 GB ram
Video card : GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Display : Samsung UN40JU7500 Curved 40-Inch UHD TV with shutter glasses
HMD : Oculus Rift

yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

cool I'm on XP 64 bits and I'll look into that. I understand you mean the control panel you gain access to by editing the registry?
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

I found it mentioned on a website : http://www.tweakguides.com/NVFORCE_8.html
It's called "Open windows on".
CPU : Intel i7-7700K
RAM : 32 GB ram
Video card : GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Display : Samsung UN40JU7500 Curved 40-Inch UHD TV with shutter glasses
HMD : Oculus Rift

yuriythebest