Counter-strike source crosshair:

Doitonlan
One Eyed Hopeful

Counter-strike source crosshair:

Post by Doitonlan »

Has anyone been able to get the crosshair, in-game or laser sight, to work in this game for nvidia 3D vision? I'm not good enough to play without a crosshair and my monitor is way too expensive to be drawing a dot on the screen to make a crosshair ;)
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Counter-strike source crosshair:

Post by cybereality »

Drawing a dot on the screen won't help, thats the whole problem. The cross-hair needs to be rendered in 3D at the depth of whatever its aiming at. That is what the Nvidia laser-sight is supposed to do, but it doesn't really work that well for CS:S for some reason. If you keep the settings low, its probably manageable though.
WiredEarp
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by WiredEarp »

Cyber is right, and also if you do want a dot (for 2D stuff) just cut out a tiny bit of that plastic film that comes with new gadgets covering the screens etc, then put the dot on that. That ay you can peel it off your monitor @ any time...
Doitonlan
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Doitonlan »

Well it appears I don't use forums and the like enough to realize that people reading what you meant to be facetious have no way of being able to recognize it. All in all, I'm just frustrated that counter-strike source is the only game so far I have not be able to get working in the way I want to (although other games using the source engine have no problem). In actuality, I'm a sucker for high refresh rates when playing high skill fps games, so I would probably rarely use 3D for the game and would instead play with a 120hz refresh rate. I think I'm just more frustrated that it doesn't work than anything and that nvidia promised a solution for it about a year ago, but have yet to find a solution for it or even update us on the progress. I guess I should be satisfied if counter-strike: global offensive works in 3D :D
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Yeah. Hopefully CS:GO will have better support. Though 3D can be a disadvantage sometimes with super-competitive games like this.
Doitonlan
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Doitonlan »

HUUUUUUUGE disadvantage in my opinion...but it's still frustrating to me that all the other source games work (not to mention that it would be nice to enjoy the beauty of 3D when I'm not trying to be pro at counter-strike). I used it 1.6, and simply from being locked at 60 fps made it difficult to play as well as other things such as getting used to the 3D crosshair make it difficult. Simply put, having a working crosshair would make the game playable, but not to the level of 120hz @ 300 fps beauty that the monitor can run in 2D.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”