ED glasses and LCD question

flexy
Cross Eyed!

ED glasses and LCD question

Post by flexy »

Hello guys,

i got a new, very fast LCD monitor with 5ms b/b and 2ms g/g response time and max 76hz v. frequency.

I just ordered the ED shutter glasses, i dont have them yet but i am already playing around with their drivers. I also got the latest 174.16 Nvidia Stereo dirvers, but as of now they only do anaglyph on my system. (Vista 64, GF 8800 GTS, Monitor is a BenQ X2200W)

Since i dont have the shutter-glasses hardware yet i cant really say whether it works. I am playing with the E-D control panel and the driver settings. When i set it to "interleave" and activate 3d....i do *see* the two stereo-images, i see left/right...and i see the interlace "lines", but i see it the same time and the screen does NOT flicker and is definitly not interlaced.

My question is whether the flickering (would it even flicker on an LCD anyway???) is only activated by the dongle/hardware....so that i wouldnt get it to work right now (without the glasses) anyway?

Anyon else with a recent and fast gamer-LCD using those ED glasses...how are they?

The other alternative is still using the new NV 3d drivers..but then this is only anaglyph. I got me a set of 3d goggle and will test around once i have all the stuff here.

G.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

It won't work. SImple as that. LCD's of this type have a max refresh rate of 65hz and the other 10 are 'clones'. SO your only choice will be the 65hz option and there you will get incoherent headache causing imagery. No 3d.
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!

Return to “Stereoscopic 3D Hardware Technical Support”