Vertical black lines on movement in 3D

locrow98
One Eyed Hopeful

Vertical black lines on movement in 3D

Post by locrow98 »

Hello :D

I have noticed vertical black lines on my LG D2342P that become noticable only when there is movement on my screen i.e when turning in a game or players walking past me. I was wondering if this is normal for interlaced or if there is something that can be done about it? Could an installed edid (making my computer think I have a Zalman240W instead of LG D2342P) cause this? I also have severe purple ghosting on some images/games but then not on others. Hoping its not a defective monitor...
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Vertical black lines on movement in 3D

Post by cybereality »

Well I have a Zalman, and I have not noticed anything like that. Not sure if you were the one, but I do remember someone else mentioning something about vertical lines with that LG. What I do know is on the Zalman I see purple ghosting if using the RealD glasses (you get from the movies) instead of the Zalman glasses. But with the Zalman glasses everything looks fine. I doubt its a physical defect of the monitor, if you say it depends on the game. That sounds like a software issue. Make sure you are running at the full native resolution (1920x1080) and that anti-aliasing is turned OFF.

Would it be possible for you to take a picture of this happening? Any camera (even your phone) will work. Just make sure to take it through the glasses and make sure the glasses are facing normal like they would be if you were wearing them. This might help us understand what is going on.
locrow98
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by locrow98 »

I saw that the edid makes my Nvidia Control Panel think I'm using a DVI cable when I'm actually using an HDMI 1.4...could that be problematic?
locrow98
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by locrow98 »

I have Tridef and 3D Vision drivers installed simultaneously, maybe the drivers could be conflicting
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

locrow98 wrote:I have Tridef and 3D Vision drivers installed simultaneously, maybe the drivers could be conflicting
That could be. TriDef usually only enables if you use their launcher but make sure to exit Steam after you are done (if you are using Steam games).

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”