Toshiba Qosmio F755

stingray
One Eyed Hopeful

Toshiba Qosmio F755

Post by stingray »

Hi Guys, I got Toshiba's F755 which is the worlds first glass free 3D laptop so here I thought you guys might be as excited to learn about it as I am. Here is the review:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS3Z4VXpF0Y" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Toshiba Qosmio F755

Post by cybereality »

Awesome review! Thanks man.

Also, can you play games in 3D with this laptop?
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

Although it's great to see a new glass free 3D laptop, the Toshiba F755 is not the world first laptop of this kind, and by a great margin. The Sharp PC-RD3D was already using the same kind of technology eight years ago (released in 2003).
stingray
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by stingray »

@cybereality- thanks ! im glad you liked it ! no actually right now you can not bud nvidia is working on drivers to fix this.
@Fredz- Yes your absolutely correct i recently heard that as well but i believe it managed to overcome some of the limitations that the sharp had which made the product a lot more feasible.
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

Apart for the better resolution due to 2011 technology and the eye tracking with a camera which sounds far from convincing from some reviews, I'd say this laptop has nothing more than previous laptops using this technology.

It only makes more noise because 3D has entered mainstream, but the drawbacks of parallax barrier technology are still the same than they were eight years ago. Still nice to see such a laptop entering the consumer market though, but they really need to improve the usefullness of eye-tracking.
mgb
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mgb »

We just got our sample of this laptop.
3D is pretty good, the eye tracking works well following you, if you move fast enough for it to lose lock it takes 0.5 - 1 second to re-aquire you.

Out of the box it can only play 3D blu-ray which makes it pretty useless, but this guy http://coxcoppes.nl/screenmodechanger/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; has created a nice utility to turn on the 3D tracking so you can play any 3D video (side:side or interlaced).

ps The big breakthrough compared to the old Sharp/Philips technology is that this barrier can turn off to convert back into a 2D screen for normal use.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”