EStar 3D HMD EVG920D (Help force 640x480 output) for games

leadsinga
One Eyed Hopeful

EStar 3D HMD EVG920D (Help force 640x480 output) for games

Post by leadsinga »

Hi guys,

Quite a long time reader but 1st time poster.

I use to have ED glasses but have just picked up a HMD called a EVG920D which has 3D support on PC.

These are simular to the NV920 but don't have head tracking etc.

They run 640x480 and when pluged into PC I can get them working at that res etc ... the screen is nice and clear, quite impressed with that. I was going to get the NV920 but being down here in Godzone the freight was rather expensive and I stumbled over a set of these from a local supplier who was prepared to do a deal.

My question which I really need help on is these only support 640x480 res, I can get flatout2 running (not 3d yet) as I can setup in game 640x480 but of course all my other games like RFactor, FSX etc run a min of 800x600 or 1024x768.

Can anyone advise how to force these games to run out of my XFX 8800 GTS 640mb O/Clock at the 640x480 setting????

The NV920 is suppost to automaticlly re-size but I can't get these units to do it????

I also know I am close to getting 3d working as the glasses went into 3d mode when I ran the game in 800x600 but of course I couldn't see anything in my display.

So any advise will be really welcome ... Like I say I need to find a way of forcing my output to the HMD to remain at 640x480!!!!!!

Please help I know I'm close :)

Thanks in advance.

Murray

p.s then I will have to try n get my 8800 working following your great guides ;-P
CarlKenner
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by CarlKenner »

You bought the wrong glasses if you have an 8xxx series graphics card. I don't like your chances of getting them to work in stereo without the nvidia stereo driver. Contrary to Neil's assertions, you are totally dependent on nvidia if you have glasses like those. And Nvidia isn't exactly supporting 8xxx series cards.

The way to force games to run in 640x480 also requires the Nvidia stereo driver. You just go into the stereo settings, and choose stereo resolution to be 640x480. That way whenever you go into stereoscopic mode the glasses will be in 640x480 mode even when the game thinks it is running in 1024x768.

I assume these glasses are either frame sequential or DDC? Or do they support some other 3D modes?

By the way, what is an NV920?
Copy this code to clipboard: 0o1rp5zk then go to http://mtbs3d.com/naw to register. Use the code for $5000 startup bonus, and to support Gaza.
leadsinga
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by leadsinga »

Thanks for quick reply :-)

My bad I ment vr920 ... ha-ha not NV920

Arh I get ya, so as long as I set my nvidia sterio to run as 640x480 when in sterio mode it will default the vga output my HMD is connected to to that res?

yes have read the 8800 won't do stereo, do you know if there is any other option to lock the video output to 640x480 for fsx etc so I can at least try 2D with these for testing?

Picking I may have to go grab a 7800 or something to get these working if not, I assume I can run both in my SLI PCI Asus board and select one for the LCD moniter and the 7800 for the HMD.

Info on what the glasses run ... thanks for pointing me in the right direction for a start, at least I have a understanding of why I can't get the 800x600 etc to downscale. in 2d flatout 2 looks great, and as I said I did get them flicking into 3d just couldn't see image, had trouble following the info listed on the 8800 fixes when it can to the regegits etc. so even thou it installed I couldnt see in control panel ... will try again when home for lunch shortly and see what happens :-)

80 inches as seen from 5 feet
640X480 (VGA)
4:3
24-bit color for more than 16.7 million
35° diagonal
Composite AV; VGA(60Hz) for PC
NTSC/PAL/SECAM automatic selection
2D and Field sequential 3D stereoscopic VGA signal
Double-channel stereo
1000mAh standard Nokia battery
approximately 3.5 hours
< 1.1W
59g (the world's lightest VGA glasses)
red & silver (with 500pcs for OEM colors)
USB charger, AV / VGA cables, line control, battery, remote control, eyepatch, nose pad, earphones, Manual
leadsinga
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by leadsinga »

UPDATE!!!

Ok I am almost there and getting excited!!!!!!!!!

I have played with settings using the info on forum on driver combination to get stereo running on my 8800 GTS and whamooooooooo I have the nvidia test box and the test application running in 3d on my EVG920D glasses setup ... looks amasing!!! the nvidia sign pops right out of the screen ... best 3d I've seem beats my old 3d ED glasses hands down ... looked amasing!!

But no mater what I do when I run a game that is over 640x480 (all of them) it wont downsize images so I get no display ... what am I missing here???

anyone?? ... I'm soooooooooo close!!!
Mark476
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Mark476 »

Right click on the icon of whatever game you want to change. go to properties and then to compatibility where you will find a box that says run in 640 x 480 resolution, tick, apply.

Now I have solved your problem you might like to solve mine. I have a pair of vr920s but cant get it to work with Nvidia drivers and 8800 gt, you mentioned that you found the solution on a forum, something that I have been trying to do without much success.

Those glasses sound quite good, 35 degreee angle of view and they play 3d movies, mine doesnt do movies and are 32 degree.
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

Mark476 wrote:Right click on the icon of whatever game you want to change. go to properties and then to compatibility where you will find a box that says run in 640 x 480 resolution, tick, apply.

Now I have solved your problem you might like to solve mine. I have a pair of vr920s but cant get it to work with Nvidia drivers and 8800 gt, you mentioned that you found the solution on a forum, something that I have been trying to do without much success.

Those glasses sound quite good, 35 degreee angle of view and they play 3d movies, mine doesnt do movies and are 32 degree.
You wont get nvidia driver working on an 8800gt as it has the newer n92 chip. Only the earlier 8800's will work.

Return to “Stereoscopic 3D Hardware Technical Support”