Advanced stereo setup for EDglasses and driver combos

venge
One Eyed Hopeful

Advanced stereo setup for EDglasses and driver combos

Post by venge »

Hello there,

i finally got working my EDim glasses with my 8800GTX and my Sony 17" CRT, under winXP-32, now i'll try more driver combos to get rid of artifacts on screen border. Any hint for this??? when i enable stereo mode my glasses start to work and i see 3D, but, increasing the separation makes artifacts on the side borders of the screen, and just with crysis, i get an increasing border margin only to the left (wich results in bad graphics sensation)... which FWdriver/Stereodriver version should i try???

also, is there a way to enable glasses with vista 64??? with new stereo drivers i just get anaglyph compatibility, but no shutter glasses, is there a way to unlock all stereo modes (via registry maybe..) with vista drivers???

one last thing, i started stereo practicing with my old Ati 9800, and ed-drivers had two adjustable kinds of separation, near objects stereo separation AND far objects stereo separation; i could get more impressive 3D with the first kind of separation, but, nvidia drivers only allow to set one kind of stereo separation, giving a good 3D effect, but not making first plane objects get out of my screen like they did with ati/EDdrivers!!!!! So is there a way to adjust (maybe via registry or config file...) first plane stereo separation??

thank you so much for listening!!
Bye
The_Doctor
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by The_Doctor »

You can do the near and far objects separation with the old drivers, at least with the non-8 series of cards. Did you read this http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=26 ? Set the buttons in the keys configuration in the stereo menu, I think it's ctrl-f5 and ctrl-f6 for convergence (near).

Are you having having problems with all games with the borders or is it something specific only?

The old drivers don't work on vista 64. Thank nvidia for the anaglyph only part.
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

I'm not shure, but it sounds, like you are looking for crtl+F5/F6. In the nvidia drivers they change the convergence. That is where both lines cross. It effects where the picture is displayed more in the screen or more out of it or both :D
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!

Return to “Stereoscopic 3D Hardware Technical Support”