Hibino shows ChromaLED 3D, a 280-inch polarized 3D LED scree

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Hibino shows ChromaLED 3D, a 280-inch polarized 3D LED scree

Post by yuriythebest »

http://www.techchee.com/2010/12/01/hibi ... ed-screen/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Japanese firms have lots of huge 3D panels to show. The latest development is by a firm called Hibino which has developed a new 280-inch 3D LCD screen, called the ChromaLED 3D.

The ChromaLED 3D uses the 2D to 3D conversion technology from Toshiba, has a pixel pitch of 6mm and requires the users to wear 3D glasses to view 3D images.

Currently, the ChromaLED 3D is just a prototype. Such a huge LCD panel is usually meant for public commercial places. But the need for 3D glasses might defeat its purpose. The company also has a smaller version which has a pixel display of 4mm and is touch-enabled.
I want like 4 of these
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Hibino shows ChromaLED 3D, a 280-inch polarized 3D LED s

Post by cybereality »

How would I even get that in my house? I would have to ship the thing into an empty field, and then build a house around it. At that point you might as well go for projection. Be a lot easier and cheaper.
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by tritosine5G »

10 kilowatt polarized LCD with 240" screen,

or 10 kilowatt autostereo DLP with 140" screen.

http://www.holografika.com/Products/NEW ... o-C80.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LCD is owned so bad -again . :cry:
-Biased for 0 Gen HMD's to hell and back must be one hundred percent hell bent bias!
ancjob
Certif-Eyed!

Post by ancjob »

cybereality wrote:How would I even get that in my house? I would have to ship the thing into an empty field, and then build a house around it. At that point you might as well go for projection. Be a lot easier and cheaper.
great! i'd try getting it shipped to an empty field and build a house around it... :D
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

ancjob wrote:
cybereality wrote:How would I even get that in my house? I would have to ship the thing into an empty field, and then build a house around it. At that point you might as well go for projection. Be a lot easier and cheaper.
great! i'd try getting it shipped to an empty field and build a house around it... :D
or a temple
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”