[DIY] convert your office chair to a gaming chair

Tutorials on how to create your own rigs, pics, movies, and everything that has to do with S-3D at home!
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

[DIY] convert your office chair to a gaming chair

Post by sharky »

hi guys!

remember my officechair where i placed the vibrating speaker under? :D well i worked a bit more on that one!

wha did i come up with this new "addon"? easy, my chair ,like most office chairs, bends backward for more confort. unfortunately the desk does not bend back too so youre quite far away if you ahve short arms like me.. :Dand what if youre gaming? i go back and forward congtinuously like ca crazy rabbit so it would be nice to have keybord and mouse moving with me. moreover i am going to add a motor to the chair to move it in forward and backward according to what happens ingame... what i did is to make a work surface from things lying around...

in total i have spent 7 euro (around 10 $). 3 for the wood and 4 for the two 90 degree supports.

these are the screws on which i can fix my rig by simply hanging it in:

these are the screws on which i can fix my rig by simply hanging it in (detailed):

the white surface you see is the black plastic of an old 15" lcd monitor. the surface glides a LOT. its perfect for gaming. the black thing hanging behind the "mousepad" is intended to catch the mouse if i bend the chair backwards.. since i already destroyed this poor mouse and had to glue it back toghether i decided that its safer this way.. :D ( its difficult to see. but its sort of a small bag attached on two steel arms. the mouse falls into it if i band backwards)

teh 90 defree supprots simply hang in on the screws.. easy to take off.

thats it.. let me know what oyu think.. :)

bye

igor
Last edited by sharky on Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nubie
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by nubie »

If I had a chair as nice as that I would do that too!

Very nice. I had one like it once, but I am unsure if I broke it or my friends and brothers, we all weigh about 285 pounds (129Kg), but they tend to throw themselves around and lean back too far, and to much to one side, so all my chairs are destroyed.
Last edited by nubie on Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CAVE, see what all the fuss is about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6NN5JKlIi0
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by sharky »

lol.. :D this chair is 9 years old.. for now there is a "simple motion simulator" attached (see other topic in DIY section) which is basically a subwoofer witha weight, and this "desk"... next step is a wispermotor which moves it, but first i need help on the other project.. :D
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

The other topic shuld be this:
http://mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=500&start=30

It could be usefull if you don't have a desk. But if you have a desk that is better, because you can adjust the distance.

This thing would be good for a projector rig, though :idea:

edit: and it's necessary, if you want to move the chair obviously :D
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!

Return to “Do it Yourself!”