[REQ]motion control

Tutorials on how to create your own rigs, pics, movies, and everything that has to do with S-3D at home!
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

[REQ]motion control

Post by sharky »

hi guys!

i have an idea, but i am unable to do it alone.. the idea is this:

most 3D movies are clips representing a ride of any kind. x-simulator.de has a software which controls some motors according to the directx signals. what i would like to have is a media player which sends an output to a usb prot, according to the movie. to do this each movie would have its own "profile file" which says what value between 0 and 255 has to be sent each 0.1 seconds for example.

possible problems:

- a profile creator is needed.
- sincronization with the movie
- i have no clue where to start
- once it works PROPERLY on a normal player we need to find a way to implement it in a stereo player

somebody interested in this too?
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

I know that's not what you are looking for but I don't know if you know about it. D-BOX makes a product like that. Their website says they have a library of over 700 titles.

I too like DIY but making the hardware and the software with profiles for over 700 titles for a project like that is a lot of work.
CPU : Intel i7-7700K
RAM : 32 GB ram
Video card : GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Display : Samsung UN40JU7500 Curved 40-Inch UHD TV with shutter glasses
HMD : Oculus Rift

sharky

Post by sharky »

well if we have teh software, capable of reading a txt file then the hardest part is done...

txt files could be created with a profile manager and shared on the web. for example the editor could be a interface wehre you enter some fields one after the toher starting from the beginning fo the movie.. like:

sec 1 to 20 do nothing
sec 20 to 23,2 vibrate "mode1" (mode 1 would have a specific waveform and force)
sec 23,3 give a hard kick forward

and so on until the end of the move.. the editor would then replace the command above with values that are then written into the text file. for example: if mode1 means that the output value is a wave between 30 and 60 in the text file would be written somehting like this:

20,0:30
20,1:31
20,2:32

so the file would contain the moment in the movie, and its according output to send to the usb port.
each fiel would be between 27000 and 60000 lines of comands and not too big.

such a script could also be written in php, having users writng profiles onlne. or even have a paintbox where you have a long rectangualr box representing time in x and output in y, and "paint" the output douring the movie.
once the file is saved it can be shared over the web.. with some users using it it would become quite interesting and have success... if we are able to have a WORKING modified media player then iz3d implements it. but only if it works properly.

unfortunately i have no programming skills of this kind but i could work on the php editor.

i would need a somebody able to code the meida player part, starting from teh open source media palyer code.

let me know what you think!

bye

igor
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

I don't think that it'll be easy and cheap. And there won't be many profiles at first.

But I've got an Idea for the editor:
Could you do it with a graphical interface, where you 'draw' the timeline? I think you can't type down thousands of lines...

The output could be something like musik - which is also waveform. Maybe you could use MP3 as a compression method, too...
Then you could edit the 'music' with every music-Editor and get hard hits with a drum or something :D
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
sharky

Post by sharky »

basically it is what i meant with "draw".. :D i dont think that it would be too difficult if you know how to program.. (thats my problem.. :D) it would be to search inside the textfile the according timepoint and read the output, then send it to the usb,..

i think the hardware should be more difficult to make.

profiles, shouldnt be a problem. once theyre created they can be shared and if there are a few and a editor it should spread pretty fast.
android78
Certif-Eyable!

looks like MIDI to me.

Post by android78 »

This looks very much like a MIDI sequencer to me.
MIDI is usually used for communicating misic between a sequencer (some kind of computer) and a playing device, but I think they are serial. you could however, just have rather then a music playing device, a device that reads the different instrument and note values and translate it to the movement you want.
I believe you should be able to get some freeware midi sequencers for the PC, so hardware is the only thing you have to make.

Need something like this, but I'm not sure if it will output to serial/usb:
http://www.sonicspot.com/midimaestro/midimaestro.html

Return to “Do it Yourself!”