3D on 2007 Samsung TV any good? Which glasses?

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
mikey1
One Eyed Hopeful

3D on 2007 Samsung TV any good? Which glasses?

Post by mikey1 »

Hi!

I'm wondering if it would be worth it to get 3D glasses (mainly for pc gaming) for my Samsung HL-T4675s because it's only a 720p? Will there be problems with ghosting or anything else that will distract from the experience? Also I have no idea which are the best glasses for my tv. I've heard some ghost more than others, some are darker than others.. it's all very confusing. Thanks for listening!
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Re: 3D on 2007 Samsung TV any good? Which glasses?

Post by tritosine5G »

if its checkerboard 3d - no

if its not checkerboard - order your glasses today!

google was no help, sorry. DLP TV = no ghosting
-Biased for 0 Gen HMD's to hell and back must be one hundred percent hell bent bias!
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Still ghosting on dlp-tv (the shutterglasses). It's just too darn dark to see it. :P ;)
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by tritosine5G »

Likay wrote:Still ghosting on dlp-tv (the shutterglasses). It's just too darn dark to see it. :P ;)
:mrgreen:

Seriously I can count on my one hand how many times I noticed ghosting (since the pj works as intended) , maybe two times ;)
-Biased for 0 Gen HMD's to hell and back must be one hundred percent hell bent bias!
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

I'm just kidding. It's hard to resist poking around a little from time to time. :P
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
mikey1
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mikey1 »

tritosine wrote:
Likay wrote:Still ghosting on dlp-tv (the shutterglasses). It's just too darn dark to see it. :P ;)
:mrgreen:

Seriously I can count on my one hand how many times I noticed ghosting (since the pj works as intended) , maybe two times ;)
Thanks for the replies! Which glasses are good for my checkerboard DLP?
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by tritosine5G »

-checkerboard? : ((

-720p checkerboard?? : OO

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?show ... 0&start=20

-we mentioned it here today fyi.

No idea about glasses, sorry.
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

From the look of it, it seems your display has a standard VESA 3-pin DIN stereo port so I think any 3D glasses supporting this interface should work, like the X-Force 3D Pro Wireless, Elsa Revelator wireless, eDimensional wireless, etc. So you may be able to find a compatible pair of glasses for quite a cheap price from several vendors or on ebay.

The X-Force 3D Pro Wireless are said to be compatible with your display on this site. They are available at $44.95 with an emitter that you plug into your TV.

Berezin also sells a pair of glasses and a transmitter compatible with several Samsung DLPs for $99.95. Your display is not in the list of supported displays but some similar references are cited (HL-T5075S, HL-T5675S) which are the same than the ones cited in the previous link, so I guess they should be compatible with yours too.

Still, I think the eDimensional wireless may be the better glasses quality wise from what I've read here and there on the Web, but you'd need confirmation about this from other people on this forum.

When it comes to ghosting the DLP technology is very good as other people have already said, probably the best one in active stereo. I don't speak about passive technology only to not have Likay hi-jacking this thread again... ;)

From what I've read about checkerboard output support, it seems the iZ3D, Tridef DDD and old-school NVIDIA drivers should be compatible with it for playing video games. For video playing, the Stereoscopic player should be compatible too. You'd need confirmation from other people about this though, since I don't own this kind of display.
Tridef DDD driver : http://www.tridef.com/support/faq/categ ... html#faq82" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
iZ3D driver : http://forum.iz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=2 ... a8e1272e6a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NVIDIA old-school stereo driver : http://forums.nvidia.com/lofiversion/in ... 44139.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stereoscopic player : http://www.3dtv.at/Products/Player/FAQ_en.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mikey1
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mikey1 »

Thanks for the info Fredz!
Fredz wrote: Still, I think the eDimensional wireless may be the better glasses quality wise from what I've read here and there on the Web, but you'd need confirmation about this from other people on this forum.
It's interesting..

These eDimensional glasses are $150
http://www.edimensional.com/product_inf ... cts_id=127" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But here they're $75 and have the same exact photo, but don't say their eDimensional..
http://www.i-glassesstore.com/dlp3d-wireless-1set.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wonder if anyone here has used them?
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

The two links you gave are not for eDimensional wireless but Elsa Revelator wireless, which I find a little bit inferior. You can find the emitter at $12.95 and the glasses at $39.95 on ultimate3dheaven, which makes a total of $52.90 without shipping. But you can find them at a lower price in used condition, I bought them at approx. 30€ on the Web and for example you can find the emitter + glasses at 25€ from someone in France.

I also own a pair of eDimensional wired but not wireless, and I find them more comfortable and better isolated from light reflexions and external lights than the Elsa Revelator. I suppose the emitter for the Elsa Revelator is compatible with the eDimensional wireless which you can find at $24.95 on berezin, which makes a total of $37.90 without shipping for the emitter + glasses.

It's weird to see vendors sell identical glasses at very different prices, but by searching a little bit you can surely find a good deal.
mikey1
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mikey1 »

Thanks for clearing that up! It would be nice to be able to use the emitter with the eDimensional glasses and save money but I don't know for sure if they'll work together. Does anyone know about emitters that can tell me if it'll work for sure?
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

After some research I found confirmation that the Elsa emitter will work with the eDimensional wireless glasses :
Review: E-D Glasses by EDimensional
Elsa Revelator 3D Wireless

Here is some more confirmation about compatibility with Samsung DLP TVs :
Samsung & new S-3D driver?

And here you can find a video of a journalist testing a Samsung DLP TV with the eDimensional wireless glasses. The emitter looks identical to the one I own from Elsa :
Samsung puts 3D into HDTVs

Have fun... :)

And don't hesitate to report back on how the experience feels for you...

Too bad information about compatibilty between glasses, displays and dongles/emitters is spread out on so many different forums buried in very ancient topics. Having a common place to centralize this type of information could be really useful.
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

Im using revelator glasses on teh 720p samsung plasma and although there is ghosting on high contrast scenes the checkerboard is unnoticeable for movies.
Also using the sview player and viewer as it is free.

A weird thing i noticed is a large low res looking tear or lightning bolt that goes from top right hand to bottom left across the screen that you can see in some scenes. Not sure what it is or why.
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.
mikey1
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mikey1 »

Thanks Fredz, I'll post when I get the glasses and let you know what I think.

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”