help with initial 3d gaming setup on samsung DLP

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
nracingdev
One Eyed Hopeful

help with initial 3d gaming setup on samsung DLP

Post by nracingdev »

First post guys and take into the account that i am a noob to the world of Stereo and SLI for that matter....

I have had this Samsung HL-T5676S DLP tv since August and i recieved the DDD setup upon its original release. I must say so far the TV is awesome but not so thrilled with the 3d setup and DDD software.
I would like to try this out and play some games namely COD 4 in 3d. I have read around the forum but most of what i found is advanced info and im looking for basics on what i need (drivers... programs.. etc) to get me started.
I am not even sure what drivers i need lol (like i said im a noob sorry)

Here is a list of my setup (if i forgot something just ask):
BFG 800 watt PSU
ASUS P5N-D motherboard
Intel Pentium D 920 Dual Core 2.8Ghz 2x 2mb of Cache (not overclocked at all)
Thermaltake V1 CPU cooler pushing 86.5 cFm
4 x 1 GB DDR2 667mhz Ram
2 x Nvidia Ge-Force 7600GS 512 MB running in SLI
DVI Cable to HDMI input of TV
Sound handled via Optical output of Moboard to external surround sound reciever
Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600)
DX 9.0c
Also i am using the standard shutter glasses supplied in the "DDD" kit with the IR reciever mounted on top of the TV

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED,
THANKS IN ADVANCE
Chris Merani
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

Hi just wrote a 'little' guide, because I don't want to answer the same/similar questins all the time :wink:

I hope, you find answers to your questions :roll:
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

Hi Chris, what kind of setup issues have you been having with your set? I have been using the Tridef drivers for several months and they are okay, just need more games at this point. PM me and i will do what i can to help as I am not sure what you have been able to do so far with your set. Have you tried 3d movies at all? Tried any of the demos?
PiXeL
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
nracingdev
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by nracingdev »

thanks for the replies. i was looking more along the lines of a brief description of the different drivers and perhaps what configs work/ dont work. when you go to the driver page it just shows the version numbers with no other info... being a newb i get leary on which to install... and i dont particularly enjoy fighting windows bsod when using the trial and error method lol.

as far as the DDD software. i cant even use it anymore due to my new motherboard. It is telling me that my registration code is corrupt and invalid as it is locked to a specific single computer. i have tried emailing them to get a new code or edit my old but they have yet to respond. as for watching movies with the DDD software it was "so-so". some were ok (pixar animated ones) but anything w/ text became very distorted and torn. i also found that it gave most people watching a headache w/in 15 mins of watching it.

Thanks,
Chris
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

nracingdev wrote:
as far as the DDD software. i cant even use it anymore due to my new motherboard.

Thanks,
Chris
I will PM you a couple of contacts that may help. I usually got a reply in 24-48 hours so don't know what is going on with these guys.

On the driver front, TriDef drivers are really the only set that works with newer cards and games, however their has been some success by others on 7900 based cards. Search for Nvidia DLP Patch in these forums and you should find lots of info.

PiXeL
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”