Cyberpunk 2077 Confirmed dx12 only.... it begins.

Lizzard
Cross Eyed!

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Confirmed dx12 only.... it begins.

Post by Lizzard »

If you remove 3d vision from the loop you could try many custom resolutions in HSBS. That would utilize more pixels at the max refresh rate. ROTTR looked like garbage at 720p with 3d vision in the loop on my PJ. Way too much aliasing that is immersively detrimental. So i deactivated 3dV and used its native SBS built into its engine with DSR. Did the same with Dues Ex Mankind Divided's build in SBS. Then you change to your projectors SBS with your remote and you're set for a much better experience.

But for the best experience that has by far the best attributes and balance between all stereoscopic worlds is through a HMD. A giant curved virtual screen in a pitch black atmosphere. The G2 has raised the bar to a new level in competition. Im waiting eagerly for a HMD with AMOLED to match this LCD display. But not the PIMAX. The reviews of their software are too mixed. It would become the best option if they could sort out their software and compatibility.

At first I thought the new milestones in the GPU race for 4k was a lost cause. Because nVidia knows very well 4k monitors or TVs are for the fat cats and a "niche" market like 3d Vision was monetary wise. (no offense guys. Super zealots are not fat cats =). It is not something that is common among gamers. The bulk of the market. So 4k falls in a very small category. Steam statistics still shows the dominant displays are 1080p monitors. But with the rise of higher resolution HMDs this race might change its course. HMDs are becoming MUCH more attractive because they are standalone and much more affordable than 2k or 4k TVs. Why do you think there are lawsuits against Oculus/Facebook? TV manufacturers are under a serious threat in the entertainment of the future. If they don't get onboard NOW they will regret it in the future. Mobile phones have become part of our world. Everyone has one. It might soon become HMDs. Oculus/ Facebook saw this gap and they already have a big audience on social platforms. Which is why i would encourage guys with dreams around stereoscopic content to get onboard.

I already finished Tomb Raider 2013 twice through HelixVision because I simply cant get enough. Also because I learn new tricks that amplifies the immersion. Im recording a full play through now that I want to upload to YouTube. Then I'm going to push this as hard as I could so that the world could become aware of what they've been missing in the past 10 years. There are many here who might want to help our cause that doesnt have the patience or determination to learn programming. But if you have a good uncapped internet line get onboard. Record stuff that is viewable on a HMD and flood the internet. Its the least we could do.

The transition of Half Side by Side to 3d on monitors were terrible. It was night and day quality difference that was too obvious. But on HMDs this is different. Which totally eliminates our infamous discontinued 3dV branch. HSBS on HMDs is a totally viable option with the extra options of custom resolutions and DSR/DLSS. But i cant comment too much on DLSS cause I haven't had the option yet to use it. In SOTTR when you use SBS DLSS becomes greyed out...? Dont know how well this translates in the stereoscopic gaming environment. But believe this is also one major feature nVidia will use in its leverage on the gaming market. They've burned down too many bridges in the past 10 years. Samsung is one partner they should never have lost. Because they produce among the best pixels in the entertainment industry. So nVidia currently relies more on innovation than business partners. DLSS defies logic and would become a serious game changer in the future. nVidia is the best conductor between software and pixels. Besides their piss poor social interaction I would still back them. One or 2 guys at the tip of the pyramid doesn't comprise the whole structure. They have hundreds of the most talented hardware and software engineers working underneath d$ck heads. People tend to ignore the bigger picture. No matter how much I might have hated Jensen's attitude in the past, he was still part of most of the joy we as gamers have had. What percentage of our joy in life could be attributed to stereoscopic gaming or gaming in general???

Dont mean to digress so much but these matters are all connected =)
Share our love for stereoscopic gaming in VR
:anaglyph https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKLifl ... /playlists :anaglyph
:anaglyph https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKLifl ... 5lw/videos :anaglyph
֍ Win 10:21H1 ֍ 251.48 ֍ RTX2080 ֍ i9 9900k ֍ Benq1070 ֍ Samsung S27A950D, Odyssey+ ֍ LG 49UF8509 ֍ FujifilmW3 ֍
SubjectBucko
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by SubjectBucko »

Chtiblue wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:59 am disable AA or put DLSS to balanced
Thank you Chitblue. Setting DLSS to Balanced at least made the game playable. Map is still scrambled though. From what I understand, turning off TAA disables DLSS. Also I tried disabling TAA via HXD and this did not seem to do anything for me?
Muojo
Cross Eyed!

Post by Muojo »

sgsrules wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:35 pm Am I correct to assume that there's no way to get fake 3d working with reshade with a 3D Vision kit? I totally forgot that 3D needs to kick in first, which isn't going to happen in a DX12 game unless there's some sort of hack I'm not aware of. I haven't used fake 3d since I made the fix for Breath of the Wild. From what i remember, using fake 3D in reshade results in your horizontal resolution being halved because it outputs the whole SBS image to the output resolution. That's one of the main reasons i worked with Helifax to get his wrapper working with it, so that each eye could be full res instead of half width. If this is still the case I doubt i'll bother with fake 3d becuase i would have to go from 1920x1080 in 2D to 640x720 for 3D, ouch! (projector only does 3D in 720p).
It would appear for us now, there is only one way to go. Have two different versions of Windows 10 on our PC. One version to play the latest games and have all the latest updates. The other version to play older games in 3D.

For me, it seems if I wanna upgrade Video cards. I have to go for a 2080 Ti and swap it out with 3090 or whatever I get in the future for newer games since 3000 series don't support 3D hacks
Blacksmith60
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Blacksmith60 »

Please consider that some of us, is using this forum to find usefull info regarding 3D Vision, and not the latest gossip about VR !

This thread is posted in the driver section, and there's another Cyberpunk thread in the fixes section, but the real problem is that many of the posts isn't even relevant in this thread, VR vs 3D Vision seems to be a popular discussion these days, but please make a separate thread for that - Thanks ;)
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Yeah, we often tend to veer off to other topics, I think it's just a natural way of human conversation :)

Anyway, back to Cyberpunk dx12 topic!
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Si I came back to CP77 night city 8)

As for the moment I'm playing Gears5 & CP77 with Superdepth3D, I updated to last nvidia driver 460.89 to get rid of ingame distorsion and it works fine, and no more pixelated dust/cloud. Except the map is still all distorted (despite color precision to high)... :(

Could someone try the Losti's tool to just update last nvidia profiles (460.89 driver's profile) staying with 452.06 driver to see if it gets rid of ingame distorsion without having to update to driver 460.89?
BazzaLB

Post by BazzaLB »

Chtiblue wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:57 am Si I came back to CP77 night city 8)

As for the moment I'm playing Gears5 & CP77 with Superdepth3D, I updated to last nvidia driver 460.89 to get rid of ingame distorsion and it works fine, and no more pixelated dust/cloud. Except the map is still all distorted (despite color precision to high)... :(

Could someone try the Losti's tool to just update last nvidia profiles (460.89 driver's profile) staying with 452.06 driver to see if it gets rid of ingame distorsion without having to update to driver 460.89?
There was also an issue with the foliage coming through the scene into indoor areas etc with driver 452.06. It would be interesting to see if the profile from 460.89 copied into driver 452.06 fixes this issue as well. I can no longer try it because I refunded the game.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

BazzaLB wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:05 am [

There was also an issue with the foliage coming through the scene into indoor areas etc with driver 452.06.
Yep that was the main reason why I updated to 460.89 which solved those issues
costiq
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by costiq »

Grate news!

Cyberpunk 2077 works now with the latest ReShade version (4.9)!

But, for me, there are some caveats:

When installing ReShade (4.9), I had to uncheck SweetFX and use only Standard Effects and Depth3D & AstrayFX.
It looks like one of the shaders in SweetFX (I'm not sure which one) makes the game crash seconds into.

There are no more problems with the map either... but it has to be accessed through its shortcut!
Accessing the map from the menu will make the game crash!
costiq
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by costiq »

Update:

[embaresed cough]
I'm afraid my enthusiasm was premature... :(

After restarting the game... crash...
It worked fine until getting close to a door (new game map to load...?)
Restarted the computer, hoping for a miracle, but ...no, the game would crash even before starting.

Went back to 4.7.0 and all is fine (minus the city map which is again a pixel mess)
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Same here, back to 4.7.0 so I don't nearly use the map...
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Losti »

May its ok to just define a toggle key for Superdepth if you watch the map?
Shift-E

Post by Shift-E »

Losti wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:56 pm May its ok to just define a toggle key for Superdepth if you watch the map?
Thats what I did, I toggled it off for map and had another toggle key for lower convergence for certain close up "cut-scenes". I play with controller for immersion, but if I used a keyboard I would just set the map key as the toggle key, problem solved. I wish reshade would recognize controller buttons like 3DMigoto does, I could do the same.

Finished this game (waaaaay shorter than Witcher3), remember to do the side missions as they have a big impact on story/ending and many are fantastic. I thought the writing was excellent, better than W3 - but W3 is a better game to me. That said the story, dialogue, characters, writing and attention to detail, are amazing for an RPG. Best use of ray tracing I've seen yet, was constantly dropping my jaw for both lighting and reflections. It will be jarring going back to other RPGs after this one, cannot wait for the next Witcher game...
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Shift-E wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:17 pm Best use of ray tracing I've seen yet, was constantly dropping my jaw for both lighting and reflections.
Did you play Watch Dogs Legion? really good RT too

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”