Trine 4

thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Trine 4

Post by thebigdogma »

I just wanted to thank you again, DJ-RK. This is truly one of my favorite games of 2019 (up there with A Plague Tale) and your fix is really, really appreciated.

A few more glorious shots from later in the game to share! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kasperkyd
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by kasperkyd »

Hi Guys, I never got Trine 4 working with my SUPER card since I can't use old drivers.

Today I installed the latest drivers 442.59 with Losti tool, and guess what, the game started, I see the main screen, depth are great, everything seems to work fine.

But when I click to start the game, I choose new game, and then I can see only black screen, I can hear sounds, music, even if I jump I can hear it, but I only see black :(

Any hint here?

Thanks
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

For starters, I find it very annoying to see that you've created 2 additional threads for this exact same issue, and have half a mind to just completely ignore you for that alone. If you want help and support around here, don't be a douche! Instead, be patient and wait for a proper response (even if it takes a few days), or you won't get anything at all (at least not from me).

Secondly, I just fired up the game to confirm the fix still works (and that an update didn't break it), and it does work so the problem is with your setup and/or configuration. That's the most of my time and support that I'm willing to provide you considering your behaviour.
kasperkyd
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by kasperkyd »

Sorry DJ-RK, I thought this post was abandoned, that's why I opened another post regarding my issue, didn't mean to ignore you or misbehave.
I appreciate your work on Trine4 fix, one of best games in 3DV, it's just sad doesn't work with my setup.
I use 3DV fixes since the beginning, it's not something I'm new to, but this one is ending with black screen while everything is working behind.
If you can help me still,
I'm using Super 2070 with 442.59, 2K resolution and I followed your instructions at HelixMod page.
I read something in Evil Within 2 d3dx.ini says:
; Note if you enable upscaling please do not forget to:
; 1) Uncomment "run = CustomShaderUpscale" in the [Present] section,
; otherwise you will see only a black window (with game sound).
Not sure if this is related.

Thank you DJ.
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Ok then, apology accepted on behalf of the community, but going forward it's good to know that, in general, we like to keep things centralized and organized, and don't appreciate spamming. So if a thread already exists for a game it's always best to ask in that thread, rather than creating a new one, and as previously mentioned, please be respectful and patient because those of us that work on fixes a) spend a lot of time on those fixes, and b) have lives outside of this forum, so you can't expect us to be ready at your beck and call when someone comes around with an issue. Sometimes someone else will also chime in and help if they know the answer, so if you give them the chance they might, but again, when a person goes posting all over the place most people won't want to deal with them.

Anyway, with all that said now (and if you promise to be on your best behaviour going forward), I'll see what I can do to help. Quite frankly, my gut tells me that there's an issue with the driver you installed and you'll need to try again (or use a different method). I've never used Losti's method, so I don't know how complicated or foolproof it is. I also do not know how reliably the 3DVision driver can be installed for any Super cards. So those could both be factors. Have you tried any other games (or the 3D test application in the control panel) to confirm if they work?
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Hi, did you disable full screen optimization in '' trine.exe'' compatibility properties?
kasperkyd
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by kasperkyd »

DJ-RK
Yes I've been playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and I just tried Trine 2, they work perfectly with 3DV
It's really weird how Trine 4 starts nicely and I can see everything in 3D, but when I start new game this black screen come over :(

Chtiblue
I've tried to disable fullscreen optimization, but I still get the black screen
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Ok, next step: uninstall the fix and try running it in 3D with no fix installed (even though it will look ugly), just to see if the same thing happens.
kasperkyd
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by kasperkyd »

DJ-RK
Alright, I've uninstalled the fix,
I still get the black screen but this time I can see the game cursor too.
But I found something which may help! This message appears if I do ALT+Tab and not just exit the game

---------------------------
Unhandled exception
Trine 4 Final Release, v1.0.0, Build date: 2020/02/04 10:11, revision: 385951 (build 8244)

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Address: 0x00007FFA78EEF4F0 in d3d11.dll:00007FFA78EEF000
Related modules: trine4.exe ntdll.dll d3d11.dll KERNEL32.DLL

Minidump: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Trine 4 The Nightmare Prince\trine4.exe_71ea77c.dmp

OK
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Ok, so, you've pretty much confirmed for yourself that the problem is not the fix, it's something else. Again, most likely the driver you've installed is not 100% working for you.
Could be due to the fact you're using a super card (which never officially supported 3D Vision), it could be something to do with the latest driver not working well with the 3DVision driver injection process (so perhaps try installing an older driver that still supports your card), etc.
Unfortunately, I'm not really able to help you further with this (other than provide speculation) because, again, the issue is not related to my fix, and also I don't have the same hardware/software configuration as you, so I can't really do any sort of testing (in other words, I can't solve a problem that I can't recreate for myself).
kasperkyd
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by kasperkyd »

DJ-RK

Will put the game on hold until one day I play it with 3DV :) Thanks for your time DJ-RK
thomas45
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by thomas45 »

What level of performance hit should i expect ?
Without the 3d I get about 60-70 fps (1200p, Very High), With 3d I get between 24 and 32 fps w/GTX 1070 and I7-3770 @ 4.1Ghz
That to be expected or should I look for problems ?
Skawen
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Skawen »

3D vision always have performance hit about 50%, so it is OK what You get
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Never checked the exact FPS, but it always felt smooth, even if I bumped up the supersampling to 4x or 8x.

Bump up your CPU overclock if you can, may yield better performance.
thomas45
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by thomas45 »

i rechecked my fps:
without 3d (and v-sync) 105fps, with 3DMigoto fix 33fps. that seems unusually low. i use driver version 419.17 under win 10.
can someone please share their fps numbers along with the pc specs for comparison ?
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

For those that are interested...

Frozenbyte just released DLC for the game - "Melody of Mystery."

Unfortunately, the update seems to have broken DJ-RK's fix. DJ-RK/other T4 players can you check and see if you are getting the same results? I would appreciate it. It has been a year since I have played the game, so am not sure if I may have forgotten something that was critical in getting the fix to work properly.

Thanks!
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

Doesn't Trine 4 run with UE4? You could give the universal fix a try and see how it works.
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Gigabyte 2080 ti gaming oc
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

No - Trine runs on FB's proprietary engine. DJ-RK had to do A LOT of work unique to this game/engine to get S3D to behave properly.
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Sigh, ok, I'll add that to the todo list, which is piling up by the minute today. I would have said I'll try to look at it this weekend, but that might be a bit lofty of an expectation, so eta is "when it's done."
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news... I was hoping it was just me! :)
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

All good. I'm more perturbed by the other stuff I'm being inundated with, and glad to get the report sooner than later, so thanks for the notice.
lohan
Cross Eyed!

Post by lohan »

What a coincidence! I just started with Trine 4 one day before the DLC was released (not knowing that an update was imminent). Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this gem in 3D Vision. Then, one day later, the game looks messed up because of the fix breaking update! :-(
floph
Cross Eyed!

Post by floph »

lohan wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:00 am What a coincidence! I just started with Trine 4 one day before the DLC was released (not knowing that an update was imminent). Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this gem in 3D Vision. Then, one day later, the game looks messed up because of the fix breaking update! :-(
Isn't it possible to roll back to the previous release in Steam ?
I usually prefer buying games from Steam because it offers this possibility, to roll back to an older version in case an update breaks the 3D.
greg02
Cross Eyed!

Post by greg02 »

*deleted*
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

Happy holidays to one and all!

If you have yet to purchase/play T4, it is on sale at GOG for $7.49. The added benefit being that you can roll back to the original build in the GOG version and still take advantage of DJ-RK's great fix!

Happy gaming!
DugomFirst
Cross Eyed!

Post by DugomFirst »

Oh, they kill T4 ! We can roll back to an old T4 version, but the DLC will stays messed up ?

There wasn't an 3D ingame option on T4 ?
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

DugomFirst wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:20 am Oh, they kill T4 ! We can roll back to an old T4 version, but the DLC will stays messed up ?

There wasn't an 3D ingame option on T4 ?
They scrapped 3D in T4 :( DJ-RK made a fix but DLC will be broken.
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Apologies to have kept many of you waiting, but good news is the wait is finally over. I've just wrapped up working on the latest update to this fix and could use some help from some testers to confirm everything is working beyond the levels I have unlocked (up to the hedge maze level).

Unfortunately making this update required remaking the fix almost entirely, as somehow the devs changed the shader code quite a bit, to the extent that none of the previous fix formula's worked anymore. I've spent almost the entirety of today and most of yesterday retooling this thing, but I finally got everything back working on par as they were before, and some things are working a little better now! The two biggest improvements in this version are:

1) A better behaving auto-convergence shader during cutscenes (should no longer repeatedly zoom in and out)
2) Specular highlights are now at correct depth rather than surface depth, and look a lot nicer

There's still some of the same visual artifacts and clipping that occurs on distant background geometry and some illuminated surfaces on sharp angles, and it's still recommended to play at 25% separation to reduce said clipping and keep the world scale from stretching too far.

There may be some objects/NPCs that render in one eye only. If you come across any, please report these.

Not much else to mention that I can think of... probably because I need sleep badly right now. So I'm gonna do that and here ya'll go. Have at it: https://www.mediafire.com/file/vbtjns6j ... _v2_0b.zip
Last edited by DJ-RK on Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Killer 3D Gaming System Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5600x | GPU: GTX 2080 TI | Mobo: MSI x570 MAG Tomahawk | RAM: 4x8GB GSkill Triden Neo 3600Mhz | Cooling: Arctic Freezer II 280mm | Storage: OS on WB Black NVME M.2, various other SSDs & HDDs | Displays: Asus ROG Swift PG278QR, Optoma UHD50 | VR HMD: Oculus Quest 2 | Controller: Razer Wolverine Ultimate | Keyboard: Logitech G910 | Mouse: Razer Naga Trinity | Driving wheel: Logitech G27 | Flight sticks: TM Warthog / T16000M | Throttle: TM TWCS | Pedals: TM TFRP | Chair: DX Racer
Performance results here

My Paypal or send to rshannonca@gmail.com <-- For those that would like to show extra appreciation and support for my fixes
Tullebob
Cross Eyed!

Post by Tullebob »

Awesome man!! Thanks!
3D Vision rig -> 8700k oc 4.9, asus rog 2080ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz ram, Win 7 running driver 425.31 on SSD1, Win 10 running driver 452.06 on SSD2, Win 10 running latest Nvidia driver for Vulkan3dV and 2D gaming on SSD3, for 3d vision display: 1080p on VG248QE (and sometimes 1440p on PG278PR), Valve Index or Optoma UHD42 projector
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Yay, will be applying the update today! Thx!
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

Excellent... thanks! Downloaded... will give it a go later today.
DugomFirst
Cross Eyed!

Post by DugomFirst »

So an amazing work !

Please help fixers if you can:
viewtopic.php?p=174203&sid=9d6c86d6175f ... c1#p174203
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

Played up to level 6 so far. A few artifacts/flickering along the way, and one slow Celius cut-scene auto-con transition (In level 5, I think.) Other than that, as smooth and beautiful as I remember! :D
djb
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by djb »

Thank You DJ-RK, works great on Steam and GOG current version, Win 10/1809/425.31. The new auto-convergence is great too! With your fix, the game is simply amazing. I tried 2d when the game updated, but with so many hours, 100+ in to this game with your original fix, my brain simply wouldn't accept 2d. So many different ways to solve and play this game, and the dlc is great.

Thanks again,
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Excellent, thanks for the feedback so far guys, and thanks for the extra appreciation received this weekend, djb!

Glad everyone is back to enjoying this. I am too, played a bit more with the gf over the weekend, but started having some issues with glasses syncing with my projector so our progress is on hold until that gets sorted out. But I hope to finally play this through entirely, both to hopefully iron out any remaining wrinkles that I can, as well as take in all those gorgeous visuals!
Dazzawill
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Dazzawill »

Thanks for your work but, unfortunately, I cannot play in 1080p SBS or TB with both versions of the fix since the color scheme just basically goes really light ie. its as if a really high gamma value was entered. I therefore play it in 3DTV Play in 720P without the issue. Tried Alt tabbing, but it just crashes. Have also tried Full screen optimisations on and off as Ive noticed this kind of behavior with other fixes when its enabled. Turning it off fixes it. Any idea what might be causing this?
DugomFirst
Cross Eyed!

Post by DugomFirst »

DJ-RK wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:52 pmbut started having some issues with glasses syncing with my projector so our progress is on hold until that gets sorted out.
Try to manualy disable Gsynch.
lohan
Cross Eyed!

Post by lohan »

Dazzawill wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:24 am Thanks for your work but, unfortunately, I cannot play in 1080p SBS or TB with both versions of the fix since the color scheme just basically goes really light ie. its as if a really high gamma value was entered. I therefore play it in 3DTV Play in 720P without the issue. Tried Alt tabbing, but it just crashes. Have also tried Full screen optimisations on and off as Ive noticed this kind of behavior with other fixes when its enabled. Turning it off fixes it. Any idea what might be causing this?
I am facing the same issue. No need to go into further detail since you already described it quite accurately. It really looks like cranked-up gamma settings so all the colors appear washed out. I am playing on an LG 4K OLED via EDID hack.
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Sorry lohan & Dazzawill, but I'm unfortunately not able to help too much on this one as I no longer even have a display with sbs/tab support to test and reproduce the issue.

It sounds like could be a bad interaction between the fix and whatever settings are used in the 3dvision2sbs and/or upscale shaders, but I've checked those files and do not see anything that looks like that. Either that or could be an issue with one of the driver profile settings.

Actually, that reminds me, are you guys running with 2 GPU's in SLI, by any chance? If so, try disabling SLI and see if that helps... and for that matter, turn off anything in the driver such as the sharpening filter and/or any Nvidia Freestyle filters too, if you have any of those on.
My Killer 3D Gaming System Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5600x | GPU: GTX 2080 TI | Mobo: MSI x570 MAG Tomahawk | RAM: 4x8GB GSkill Triden Neo 3600Mhz | Cooling: Arctic Freezer II 280mm | Storage: OS on WB Black NVME M.2, various other SSDs & HDDs | Displays: Asus ROG Swift PG278QR, Optoma UHD50 | VR HMD: Oculus Quest 2 | Controller: Razer Wolverine Ultimate | Keyboard: Logitech G910 | Mouse: Razer Naga Trinity | Driving wheel: Logitech G27 | Flight sticks: TM Warthog / T16000M | Throttle: TM TWCS | Pedals: TM TFRP | Chair: DX Racer
Performance results here

My Paypal or send to rshannonca@gmail.com <-- For those that would like to show extra appreciation and support for my fixes
Zappologist
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zappologist »

I did not specifically test this game, but I confirm that there are a number of additional issues that have appeared after changing from my old rig to a new system. The main change was going from 1080Ti on 425.31 to 2080Ti on 452.06, and a newer Windows version. The TV, and the EDID version remained the same. I've been meaning to create a post about it but never had the time.

So, for 3D TV users (particularly the LG OLEDs) the "blue color bug" is already known, reproduceable in games like GTA5 and the Dark Souls, usually fixed by alt tabbing, or playing in windowed mode.
The "white-out" bug was rare for me, only seen in Warframe (fixed by playing windowed), and in Planet Zoo (not fixable, or maybe disabling SLI or trying other profiles).
After changing to the new PC I've also encountered a "black-out" bug as well. For example in Watch Dogs 2 (fixable by maxing the gamma, 3D will look ok but 2D will be totally white and unplayable), and in at least two of the recent Tomb Raiders (solved by playing in SBS mode, switching frustum, etc - btw seems solved by itself now)

So there definitely is some buggy interaction between 3D and EDID override and/or Windows/drivers. Needs more testing in a structured way (for example I'm yet to try to explore playing without the EDID, just checkerboard, to clearly identify if the EDID plays a part in this). But there are simply too few people with TV setups, especially among shaderhackers, so these issues cannot be replicated and fixed by the people who would know how.

In addition to these issues which seem related to 3D TVs in particular, I've encountered new issues I've never had before in 10+ yeards of 3D gaming:
- games crashing on black screen if started in 3D with the ''disable full screen optimisations" setting turned on , which should happen the other way around in fact
- 3D games no longer responding to pressing the screenshot key, been going on forever
- games getting stuck on a black screen if 3D Vision is turned off in-game (solved by alt tabbing)
And these issues seem less related to 3D TVs and more general in nature. Maybe Windows related, and also 3DFM might play a role as well, as it gets more and more complex and doing things automatically in the background that we are not always aware of (at some point it was setting the 3D depth for me at 75%, even after manually setting it to 100%, etc)

We need more testing, and more input/thoughts from 3D TV owners to try to get to the bottom of these issues and maybe find some workarounds. There's just not enough of us.
Last edited by Zappologist on Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”