PSA: bo3b posted a superdepth build working with 3d vision, works really well.

Boblenon
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: PSA: bo3b posted a superdepth build working with 3d vision, works really well.

Post by Boblenon »

Hello i tested on breakpoint and its Said no profile at the bottom left ?

how do I create a profile?

thanks
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Re: PSA: bo3b posted a superdepth build working with 3d vision, works really well.

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

I already finished AC Unity with Sd3d so too late now, pretty good game, fantastic graphics and nice story, I enjoyed it way more than ac4. 3d is okish with Sd3d, nothing like real 3d but it's a decent substitute if there's nothing else, however those halos take a hit on the immersion.
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Gigabyte 2080 ti gaming oc
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers
b4thman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by b4thman »

Last edited by b4thman on Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX 2080 (no TI), 32 Gb RAM, Windows 21H1, Monitor Dell S2716DG, Nvidia 425.31 driver
b4thman

Post by b4thman »

Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX 2080 (no TI), 32 Gb RAM, Windows 21H1, Monitor Dell S2716DG, Nvidia 425.31 driver
kakashisensei
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by kakashisensei »

Any possibility that there can be a version with the network detection for depth buffer access disabled? I tried using this with genshin impact in VR with helixvision, but the 3d keeps turning on and off due to reshades blocking of depth buffer access when it detects high network usage.
b4thman

Post by b4thman »

After spending some time with a couple of games I think divergence slider, ZPD (it is similar to the usual convergence) and Sepration (similar to depth) is what I have to tweak to get pop up with minimum distorsion.

Also "deph map adjustment" to the mimum (even lower than the recomended 7.5).

I also disable "auto depth adjust" (lower it to 0.000), but still I get sometimes anoying auto convergence changes of the image. That is good feature in genereal, but no always (I don´t find a way to get rid of it).

I don't know if there is any posibility to use superdepth (it seems not to be possible) with Flight Simulator 2020 (M$ Store version, not Steam). I say that because the exe of FS 2020 is located in a restricted system folder (Program files\WindowsApps), and it is impossible to copy files.
BazzaLB

Post by BazzaLB »

skyrimer wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:31 pm I already finished AC Unity with Sd3d so too late now, pretty good game, fantastic graphics and nice story, I enjoyed it way more than ac4. 3d is okish with Sd3d, nothing like real 3d but it's a decent substitute if there's nothing else, however those halos take a hit on the immersion.
I have similar feelings about sd3d. I tried it with "Horizon: Zero Dawn". In order to get immersive 3D, I ended up with pretty bad Halo effect. In the end I just played in 2D with all options ramped up to the max. For me bad 3d is not a substitute for good 2D. Similar to "Fallen Order". I experienced slow down during some combat even on my 1080ti. Gave up and just ramped up the settings in 2d and enjoyed smooth combat.

I have a 3080 machine as well which I use for the Vulkan titles supported (and mostly various sims in VR). That is fantastic!

So, yeah, I have rarely found a sd3d title that I ended up playing in 3D. each to their own of course. we all have our priorities and preferences. I much prefer 3D playing, but not at any cost.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

I just saw some Horizon VR video a few days ago, dunno who it was by. It was cool but low fps and not sure if it was geo3d, no idea what the guys rig was, too as I watched it just briefly.
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

3DNovice wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 11:23 am
RAGEdemon wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:26 pm This is great news. I was waiting to try out Cyberpunk and Horizon: Zero Dawn.
FWIW, Luke Ross is supposedly releasing A Cyberpunk mod in January, Horizon is available now.
Both behind a paywall though.
Actually there's a free Cyberpunk VR mod available right now by Ralf from Vorpx if you want to check it out: https://www.vorpx.com/cyberpunk-vr-download/
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Gigabyte 2080 ti gaming oc
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers
aofelix
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by aofelix »

HZD any reccomended settings?

I'm getting weird artifacts around the heads of characters like lines?
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

aofelix
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by aofelix »

3DNovice wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:37 am Please stop asking/posting the same thing in multiple threads, tis very poor etiquette and undesirable.

His solution as found here
viewtopic.php?p=186550#p186550
aofelix wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:12 am aloys hair causes a weird aritfasct

edit: fixed it. old version had this issue. new version is much better from reshade.me and has halo reduction

All I see in that topic is someone posting their own settings.

The fix was using an up to date reshade with the bundled depth3D rather than the older ones in some of the threads.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aofelix
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by aofelix »

3DNovice wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:43 am FFS, why would you ask this question here, then post your own answer somewhere else?
Please don't swear. Not nice etiquette.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

You know what, from now on, I'm no longer helping new posters or you.
aofelix
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by aofelix »

3DNovice wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:39 pm You know what, from now on, I'm no longer helping new posters or you.

Fair enough mate. Meant no offence. Just felt swearing was a bit much. I'd asked the question, but then later found a solution re: upgrading to a newer build. Have not seen that solution mentioned elsewhere so thought I'd post it. In hindsight, I should probably post less and try to extensively find solutions to my issues first (maybe give it at least 24 hours) as with some googling and research a solution is sometimes available in a small thread somewhere.

Its quite tough getting into 3D gaming as so many of the threads are pretty old and its hard to track newer builds at its so niche. Slowly getting there with the helpful members advice on this forum, yourself included. However if you feel its irritating for you, I totally get it as at the end of the day, I'd probably be a bit annoyed by someone like me too given how stupid I can sometimes be.

I'm actually writing down all the fixes and I've found so far in the hope that I'll one day be able to contribute valuably with a 2022 thread to 3D gaming. The biggest or scariest hurdle for me is the triple C6s.. just waiting for the third one to arrive. Then I'm guessing I'll have to buy a 2080ti to standard a chance of triple 3D gaming, a separate 4080/4090 rig for geo-11 games.

But once again, you're totally valued and sorry if it seems like I'm taking for granted the advice you've given. Its been absolutely appreciated and apologies if it did not come across as that. If anyone is in the wrong, its clearly me as you've been nothing but helpful and its thanks to your helpful input and a few other members that I've been able to experience 3D gaming at all.
mistersvin21
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by mistersvin21 »

kakashisensei wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:14 am Any possibility that there can be a version with the network detection for depth buffer access disabled? I tried using this with genshin impact in VR with helixvision, but the 3d keeps turning on and off due to reshades blocking of depth buffer access when it detects high network usage.
there is a modded version on github with no network detection, i wish it could be adapted to SD3D
TESO looks fine, but unplayable due to "depth buffer disabled" every few seconds
marcus locos
Cross Eyed!

Post by marcus locos »

does Elden Ring work with it?
Boblenon
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Boblenon »

Hello newbie question : How activate sbs on 3d nvidia monitor ? or its only for 3d tv with specific 3d glasses (i mean not 3d nvidia glasses) ?

thanks
marcus locos
Cross Eyed!

Post by marcus locos »

@Boblenon

SBS is not possible with an Nvidia monitor. For that you need a 3DTV or a 3D projector. For 3D I recommend a projector if it is possible. I use it for 8 years and I love it :)
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boblenon
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Boblenon »

thnaks for reply that's what I thought
marcus locos
Cross Eyed!

Post by marcus locos »

ok can be that SBS is also possible with a monitor. I use an Acer XB270H. I have never seen a monitor with SBS setting, not even in a video.

But I remember that you could use Tridef3D on a monitor. What is the biggest monitor that supports SBS? 27 inch?

But for me only a beamer comes into question. For 3D this is still the best experience.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

EpsilonLyrae
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by EpsilonLyrae »

In the brief time I had a 2080ti (before it went kaput...), this was cool to use on my TV. I could only get it to engage 3d vision modes in titles that already had a 3d vision profile installed - but once I met that criteria, getting it to work required zero tweaking, it just turned on out of the box by copying the files over. I presume by default it's trying to output to both katanga_vr and 3d vision via the dx11 path simultaneously.

Convergence / separation would be configured in reshade, and not the 3d vision control panel.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

freetribes
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by freetribes »

3DNovice wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:12 am
freetribes wrote: Hi BlueSkyKnight!
I wanted to know if the FramePacking/framesequential works? Some video projectors only have this option for 3D.
Thank you for your answer !
In regards to your question over at the ReShade forum, AFAIK, this is the only Frame Sequential option.
I'm unsure if it could be used with newer drivers+Geo-11 though.
See OP for details.
Sorry I didn't understand (I use google translate to understand)
You mean the only solution is GEO-11?
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lizzard
Cross Eyed!

Post by Lizzard »

It would be amazing to have Reshade work with Geo11! I'm struggling with mods to have better lighting in Skyrim. I found one that really makes night feel like night on OLED. It is insane how immersive this is!! But then during daytime the colors are washed out again and there are no buttons to balance it other than going into the brightness settings again. When you are inside buildings it feels like very strong ray-tracing is active. In caves you are forced to use torches like it would be in reality. At night you can barely make out what is going on around you like it would be in the wilderness.

Since I have many hours in Genshin Impact with SD3D, and gotten geo11 working with the help here, I really miss the post processing effects of Reshade. It was really helpful to balance the colors. It adds a lot to a game.
Share our love for stereoscopic gaming in VR
:anaglyph https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKLifl ... /playlists :anaglyph
:anaglyph https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKLifl ... 5lw/videos :anaglyph
֍ Win 10:21H1 ֍ 251.48 ֍ RTX2080 ֍ i9 9900k ֍ Benq1070 ֍ Samsung S27A950D, Odyssey+ ֍ LG 49UF8509 ֍ FujifilmW3 ֍
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Lizzard
Cross Eyed!

Post by Lizzard »

Same here. Think superdepth3D and Reshade might get a bit mixed in this topic.
I've tested Reshade quite extensively but only used it a lot with Genshin and ZeldaBOTW for a bit. (Zelda has a bug, last time I tried, that left me on the fence.)
Would ofcourse use it almost everywhere if it was compatible with G3D.

I'm not sure how two dll's would work together by injection and have not taken a serious look at it so far. Not sure what 3DMigoto loader would do with it either. Only remember seeing some information in the INI about this sort of thing but never seen extensive discussions around injection and proxy's. I've only played around with 3DMigoto Loader since GI. Seriously want to try it with ARC as well. But not anytime soon. It is a huge game.
Also want to see how easy it would be to fix the shadows in GI (if someone else doesnt do it before me) so I started to work through the old forums for some guidance. This will not be anytime soon. Stopped playing GI because the experience would be much better when everything is done properly. (Played with broken reflections and shadows for quite a while) Reshade would also have a huge impact on the experience and really missed it while playing in G3D.
There is too much compromise in the current state.

SkyrimSE is definitely worth experimenting with to avoid extra layers of complications like injection. If the current enhanced lights and FX mod feels like too much compromise I will experiment a bit. Vanilla lighting is lacking extremely. Only if it can work with Geo-11 of course. Never expected Skyrim to catch my attention again but had to see what MasterOtaku's extra fixed effects brought to the experience. Screen space reflections has never been more beautiful. Keep staring at this and the godrays.

Dont think many here understand how good Reshade can actually make a game look. Also not sure many have seen what OLED does. Especially in VR!! Sometimes I find myself so immersed that I literally catch myself not breathing. DeusExMKD had almost perfect lighting and no modding was needed to create an accurate perfect realistic virtual environment. It is so good that you feel like you wake up from a good dream every time you take the helmet off. Hours go by like minutes. And with HMDs reaching 4K standard I can only imagine how much better the experience would become without the screen door effect. Just think VR would be very lacking without OLED. If only the Quest3 was OLED..
Share our love for stereoscopic gaming in VR
:anaglyph https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKLifl ... /playlists :anaglyph
:anaglyph https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKLifl ... 5lw/videos :anaglyph
֍ Win 10:21H1 ֍ 251.48 ֍ RTX2080 ֍ i9 9900k ֍ Benq1070 ֍ Samsung S27A950D, Odyssey+ ֍ LG 49UF8509 ֍ FujifilmW3 ֍
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

b4thman wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:55 am
I also disable "auto depth adjust" (lower it to 0.000), but still I get sometimes anoying auto convergence changes of the image. That is good feature in genereal, but no always (I don´t find a way to get rid of it).
I have been noticing this in more and more games, Tried to get this working with last epoch tonight, and it was working great but as soon as you move 5 feet it auto adjusts convergence to practically no depth at all.
pretty frustrating seems to ignore any setting

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”