[3D-Fix] Baldurs Gate 3 [DX11] - V 1.00

conan48
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: [3D-Fix] Baldurs Gate 3 [DX11] - V 1.00

Post by conan48 »

I'm also an OG 3d vision 1 user from back in the day who was absolutely obsessed with 3d vision. Thought I'd jump in to see how the community was doing and it's truly sad to see 3d vision is kinda dead with all the shader hackers leaving. I'd pay 100 just to get baldurs gate 3 in 3d. Too bad patreon or kickstsrted cant be used to raise money for a fix.
Boblenon
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Boblenon »

I don't understand 3dvision failure in 2023. I finally got tom clancy breakpoint to work in cmode and we see all the potential of 3D... just walktrought in forest with huge graphics and ambiance...
Cyber77
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Cyber77 »

And what about Starfield and Phantom Liberty and and and... , the exception list is very long ! I can undestand Losti.

I wish we would have group of shaderhacker that will release fixes and mods a few weeks after every important release, but that is only a dream. (And i still dream about a re-union of mtbs, vorpx and luke, that will bring us a step forward to holodeck for everyone )
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Losti »

conan48 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:52 am I'm also an OG 3d vision 1 user from back in the day who was absolutely obsessed with 3d vision. Thought I'd jump in to see how the community was doing and it's truly sad to see 3d vision is kinda dead with all the shader hackers leaving. I'd pay 100 just to get baldurs gate 3 in 3d. Too bad patreon or kickstsrted cant be used to raise money for a fix.
May be if all of you would think like this the things went different:-)
Losti

Post by Losti »

Cyber77 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:35 am And what about Starfield and Phantom Liberty and and and... , the exception list is very long ! I can undestand Losti.

I wish we would have group of shaderhacker that will release fixes and mods a few weeks after every important release, but that is only a dream. (And i still dream about a re-union of mtbs, vorpx and luke, that will bring us a step forward to holodeck for everyone )
I also wish to get things I want and consume for free but this is also a dream ;-)

That's the point. Shader hacking is so time consuming that it for sure can replace a day job of 8hrs/day. But without any income this is simply passion to do this still like the master is doing. I'm pretty sure if a shader hacker could life from the work things went different. But there was a point where most of us realized that the time we spend and the passion where out of balance.
Cyber77
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Cyber77 »

Perhaps it is time for a patreon project of mtbs ? I will pay 10-20€ per month for such patreon access. Give it just a try, and set a limit of 100 paying patreons before you start any work on the next fix and see what will happen. You can even share the project with the other shaderhacker and mark it as a part-time job for the tax office with 40 hours a month. One fix per month for a important game is 20€ worth it !
Cyber77
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Cyber77 »

if not mtbs, who else should be successful on patreon. Here on mtbs are all the nice and righteous of the 3D/VR scene which are helpful and generous. You could start the patreon project this evening, give me the link and will pay !
Losti

Post by Losti »

Cyber77 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:15 am Perhaps it is time for a patreon project of mtbs ? I will pay 10-20€ per month for such patreon access. Give it just a try, and set a limit of 100 paying patreons before you start any work on the next fix and see what will happen. You can even share the project with the other shaderhacker and mark it as a part-time job for the tax office with 40 hours a month. One fix per month for a important game is 20€ worth it !
i have had done this with little succes ^^ see masters patron or daves, this is little and always around the 10-20 peoples ^^ thats all
ishiki
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ishiki »

Yeah,

the shaderhackers have never gotten much...

when losti did fixes I didn't have much money at that time and only gave him money once.
I mean masterotaku does a million fixes and has patreon and only gets like 70 dollars a month, which if you go by hourly rate an hour for software engineer. Is like an hours worth of work lol.

I've given some shaderhackers like 50 or 60 dollars for a couple games I really wanted that they were fixing anyways. But I know that's not even close to the amount of time they put into it.
Cyber77
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Cyber77 »

Masters patron or Daves patreon, is not exactly that what i mean. I mean that thing that Luke Ross does, access to Fixes and support via payed patreon membership. And for example BG3, Starfield, CP77 DLC, Alan Wake 2, AC Mirage, Avatar 2 Fixes step by step every month until holidays (Christmas). That are bills of 20€ i will pay every month !
Cyber77
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Cyber77 »

You have to connect the bills directly to fixes and their support, instead paying bills more in generally support of the work of the coder, for example Masters patron or Daves patreon.

The great days of PC-VR are over (and 3D is dead!), if mtbs wants to be alive, you should try that way on patreon !

Open Source is a wonderfull thing, but if mtbs will die because of open source, the idea of open source fails at that time. Please make one big MTBS Patreon, with something special negative excitement that will be reported in the news ticker's (roadtovr, uploadvr, mixed and gaming websites)
Massiash
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Massiash »

Maybe more people would be willing to pay money now, now that there are no (free)fixes coming at all. Maybe ask about the willingness to donate for a fix beforehand and then only get started when enough comes together?

For example, I would be willing to pay 100 for BG3-Fix (like conan48) or 20 per month for all fixes. Of course, only if the fixes are generally not offered free of charge! (i dont think thant many people donate when everything is free anyway and every fix is only one klick away! to make a donation you will have to click 5 times ;))

Where should I transfer to? :D

Losti, can you say how much time the revision of the BG3 fix would cost you approximately?
floph
Cross Eyed!

Post by floph »

I think that there is a huge potential in the 3D fixes, but they are not marketed or known to the public, especially to the VR gamers.
There is a lack of content for VR in general, so if the 3D games would be more popular within the general VR gaming public it will be a win win situation.
Maybe the glasses free 3D screens will do justice to the 3D gaming branch.

I have thought for some time how to play the 3D games in VR with head tracking, and I feel like it could be possible.
Virtual Desktop has the option to always keep the screen in front of your eyes when you rotate your head.
What would be still needed is to use the head tracking data to rotate the in game camera, instead of using the mouse.
If this could be done on a 1 to 1 accuracy, such that the camera rotation is in synch with head movements, just like in VR, than we would be able to play the 3D games as if they are VR games, and that would be absolutely amazing.

I just got the Pimax crystal and I played Witcher 3 with geo-11 and Virtual Desktop.
I also played Half Life Alyx, but I wanna say that playing Witcher 3 on a huge screen than covers the FOV, is a much more compelling experience.
My point is that most VR games lack graphical fidelity and rich gameplay. And this is where 3D games would have a huge advantage if they could be played in VR, IMHO.
Cyber77
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Cyber77 »

Finish Baldurs Gate 3 or Starfield or Cyberpunk in geometric 3D and you will never play any game without VR ! But to play the upcoming new games in geo-11 you need a expansive PC and a Quest 2, and most of them doesn't have the money.

The best way to play those games could be to stream them via VDSL and Wifi 7 to the Headset. 15€ for the streaming cost and 15€ for a game flatrate per month. The problem is that is very buggy and unstable today. I guess it will be in stable status in 5 years.

For this 5 years we here, Ralf of vorpx, LukeRoss and other like Praydog etc. have keep PC-VR alive. And in my opinion is the best way to pay for fixes, profiles and mods for the time until every game has a native VR Option in his graphic-settings.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cyber77
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Cyber77 »

You can use a system like vorpx for drm. Handmade and given keys and no chance for piracy !
Cyber77
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Cyber77 »

Just connect a key bundle to the local windows installation and local hardware, thus the fix can't be shared on piracy sites ! You will need a new key for the fix after re-install windows or upgrade your hardware !
Dazzawill
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Dazzawill »

So to use this fix, do you have to import the profile when using the Geo11 version and if so, how do you do it, because I have Win11 and Nvidia inspector dont seem to have that ability any more.
Cyber77
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Cyber77 »

The fix is broken, but you can have a look if you unzip this into the bin folder next to the *.exe of BG3.

Baldur's Gate 3 PROPER RELEASE VERSION-GEO-11 update 1.7z
(5.67 MiB) Downloaded 17 times

download/file.php?id=6129
Dazzawill
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Dazzawill »

Cyber77 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:22 am The fix is broken, but you can have a look if you unzip this into the bin folder next to the *.exe of BG3.

Baldur's Gate 3 PROPER RELEASE VERSION-GEO-11 update 1.7z
(5.67 MiB) Downloaded 17 times

download/file.php?id=6129
Thanks. tried it again. Works now, but yes pretty unplayable in this state.
maurizioclaudio21
Cross Eyed!

Post by maurizioclaudio21 »

I fixed some shaders no skip.
the big problem besides the lights is the shader 2c671e722dd31ca1 ps
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

// ---- Created with 3Dmigoto v1.3.16 on Fri Sep 08 20:19:49 2023

// 3Dmigoto declarations
#define cmp -
Texture1D<float4> IniParams : register(t118);
Texture2D<float4> StereoParams : register(t120);

void main(
float4 v0 : SV_Position0,
float4 v1 : SV_ClipDistance0)
{
return;
}

/*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
//
// Generated by Microsoft (R) D3D Shader Disassembler
//
// using 3Dmigoto v1.3.16 on Fri Sep 08 20:19:49 2023
//
//
// Input signature:
//
// Name Index Mask Register SysValue Format Used
// -------------------- ----- ------ -------- -------- ------- ------
// SV_Position 0 xyzw 0 POS float
// SV_ClipDistance 0 xyzw 1 CLIPDST float
//
//
// Output signature:
//
// no Output
ps_5_0
dcl_globalFlags refactoringAllowed
ret
// Approximately 0 instruction slots used
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
that I can't fix it
double floor
any help thanks

a31632
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by a31632 »

maurizioclaudio21 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:05 am I fixed some shaders no skip.
the big problem besides the lights is the shader 2c671e722dd31ca1 ps
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

// ---- Created with 3Dmigoto v1.3.16 on Fri Sep 08 20:19:49 2023

// 3Dmigoto declarations
#define cmp -
Texture1D<float4> IniParams : register(t118);
Texture2D<float4> StereoParams : register(t120);

void main(
float4 v0 : SV_Position0,
float4 v1 : SV_ClipDistance0)
{
return;
}

/*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
//
// Generated by Microsoft (R) D3D Shader Disassembler
//
// using 3Dmigoto v1.3.16 on Fri Sep 08 20:19:49 2023
//
//
// Input signature:
//
// SV_Position 0 xyzw 0 POS float
// SV_ClipDistance 0 xyzw 1 CLIPDST float
//
//
// Output signature:
//
// no Output
ps_5_0
dcl_globalFlags refactoringAllowed
ret
// Approximately 0 instruction slots used
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
that I can't fix it
double floor
any help thanks

You would need help from an experienced shader hacker in this case. I understand fixing a full game is a lot of work but hopefully one of them will be able to help for this one shader. I highly recommend posting this question on the 3D Vision discord as there is more expertise there so we might get a quicker reply with hopefully a solution/suggestion.

When done I’m hoping you will share the fixes you made here so we can all benefit, it might not be perfect but it’s better for sure than the current unfinished state.
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

Maybe ask Masterotaku, hes usually got his hands full and mentioned he didn't want to step on any toes but it's probably not a danger here.
Unfortunately the pandemic (which the response was delayed in my country) destroyed my lively hood and I just never really recovered, so donations have been out of the question for me for sometime but I dont want to think how much money I spent on them the last few years but still no regrets. I had bought this particular game in early access years ago.
Losti

Post by Losti »

Note that this shader is not the one to be fixed. The game needs completely refix, so expect from disable things there is no chance. The old fix is simply do nothing for this game anymore since anything has been changed.
maurizioclaudio21
Cross Eyed!

Post by maurizioclaudio21 »

Thanks Losti for the base fix

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”